• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

The cert number is your 7-digit invoice number + the 3-digit number that corresponds with the order the books were listed in on the invoice.

Here's an example:

1) Your invoice number is 1234567

2) The first book listed on your invoice would have a cert number of 1234567001.

The cert number is your 7-digit invoice number + the 3-digit number that corresponds with the order the books were listed in on the invoice.

Here's an example:

1) Your invoice number is 1234567

2) The first book listed on your invoice would have a cert number of 1234567001.

+1

Clever! Never noticed that.

Does that cause them to skip a lot of numbers?

I had an invoice 1199504 that had two books. So this means there will never be a 1199504003 thru 1199504999?

Clever! Never noticed that.

Does that cause them to skip a lot of numbers?

I had an invoice 1199504 that had two books. So this means there will never be a 1199504003 thru 1199504999?

Somewhat related and someone correct if I'm wrong but if I remember too with a prescreen, they count all the books in the submission even if they don't pass so there would be numbers assigned to books that would not be in the census/registry.

2 book FT Econ sub.

3/3 Verified.

4/1 Graded

4/11 Quality Control

30+ business days for fast track. Appears that CGC's stumbling block is still encapsulation.

Here are CGC's current/estimated times.

Modern* 36 business days 20 business days

Modern Fast Track* 18 business days 10 business days

Economy 59 business days 40 business days

Economy Fast Track 25 business days 20 business days

Value 59 business days 40 business days

Date Ttl Service Status

4/14/2014 22 STANDARD Verified

4/14/2014 13 FAST TRACK MODERN Verified

4/14/2014 12 FAST TRACK ECONOMY Received

4/14/2014 11 FAST TRACK ECONOMY Received

4/08/2014 9 EXPRESS Scheduled for Grading

This is crazy. I have two slow track value subs.

One received on 1-9-14 that has been at graded for over 3 weeks.

One received on 1-31-14 that went to graded about a week and half ago and is now at Grading/QC.

FIFO? I don't think so. (shrug)

new submission update

MFT #1 - rec ? > ver 2/18 > sch 2/27 > grd 2/28 > grd/QC 3/12 > shipped 3/13

MFT #2 - rec 2/24 > ver 2/26 > sch 3/5 > grd 3/10 > grd/QC 3/18 > shipped 3/20

Modern - received 2/24 > verified 2/26>scheduled for grading 3/19>graded 4/1

new submission

MFT #3 - rec 4/3>ver 4/9

Value Fast Track #1 - rec 4/7

ZERO MOVEMENT :golfclap: CGC :golfclap: BRAVO

new submission update

new submission

MFT #3 - rec 4/3>ver 4/9

Why does it matter how long it takes to go between the different steps of the grading process? ???

What you should be looking at is the modern submission - received on 2/24, graded on 4/1. That's a huge improvement over this time last year.

looking at other folks submissions this month or last month theirs move within the process, and eventually gets shipped out.

Example Slyms modern modern arrived i think 4 days before mine and he's already received his. I'm stuck in graded, and to be honest I'm just tired of it.

after a while spending $$$ and not getting anything back within x days, let alone xx number of days from their estimated time frames is BS

sorry bad day, and normally i see the world glass full but CGC has me seeing everything half empty.

looking at other folks submissions this month or last month theirs move within the process, and eventually gets shipped out.

Example Slyms modern modern arrived i think 4 days before mine and he's already received his. I'm stuck in graded, and to be honest I'm just tired of it.

after a while spending $$$ and not getting anything back within x days, let alone xx number of days from their estimated time frames is BS

sorry bad day, and normally i see the world glass full but CGC has me seeing everything half empty.

Trust me, I'm just as frustrated about this as everyone else - it's ridiculous that the estimated turnaround times haven't been accurate since sometime in 2010. I guess I just don't care how long a book sits in a certain status - all that matters to me is when they're actually shipped out :shrug:

new submission update

new submission

MFT #3 - rec 4/3>ver 4/9

Why does it matter how long it takes to go between the different steps of the grading process? ???

What you should be looking at is the modern submission - received on 2/24, graded on 4/1. That's a huge improvement over this time last year.

Actually, Mike, all anyone should care about is when it's verified and when it's shipped. It's not an improvement to go to graded and sit there waiting to be encapsulated. I think we pretty much figured that was the problem last year as well. Everything's sitting around waiting to get slabbed.