• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,135 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2022 at 12:18 PM, KCOComics said:

I really don't know.  I called maybe 3 weeks ago and they told me it would be 2 to 3 more months.   

I didn't complain,  I was very polite and I told them it was disappointing, but I've waited this long already.... then yesterday, boom. It showed up. 

Maybe I was rewarded for being polite? Or maybe it's all just random at this point? 

I was very polite and patient.

On 6/24/2022 at 3:10 PM, gadzukes said:

yeah, this is weird..... mine are 8/11/21 and still not shipped (they are at GEI though)

I believe those invoices are randomized.

One issue Standard sub with custom label, rec’d 6/2, shipped 6/24. So by the time it’s in my hands again, about 30-ish days total out and back. 

About 1/3 longer than my previous two standard subs, but still pretty fast, all things considered. 

On 6/25/2022 at 9:14 AM, gadzukes said:

My 8/11/21 Slow-Economy sub showed up as "Shipped" this morning.

I sent this submission in to CGC 390 days ago for grading.  Wow, that's a loooooong time to wait.

Unless they improve the Econ TAT I will never submit for Econ again.

That’s crazy.  

Have the books gone up in value over the past year? (Looking for a silver lining:wishluck:)

On 6/25/2022 at 9:14 AM, gadzukes said:

My 8/11/21 Slow-Economy sub showed up as "Shipped" this morning.

I sent this submission in to CGC 390 days ago for grading.  Wow, that's a loooooong time to wait.

Unless they improve the Econ TAT I will never submit for Econ again.

I have not submitted in economy tier in approximately four years, and based on what you and many others have noted as the wait times the next economy tier I submit in 2022 will be for comic books to be published in 2024, which I will promptly provide to CGC upon their release.

Hopefully, by "submitting" ahead of release, the comic books will be "promptly" graded and returned to me. :blush:

On 6/25/2022 at 9:39 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I have not submitted in economy tier in approximately four years, and based on what you and many others have noted as the wait times the next economy tier I submit in 2022 will be for comic books to be published in 2024, which I will promptly provide to CGC upon their release.

Hopefully, by "submitting" ahead of release, the comic books will be "promptly" graded and returned to me. :blush:

See the source image

On 6/22/2022 at 5:41 PM, Stefan_W said:

Boom!

Modern pre-screen arrived and went into SFG on May 19th, and hit G/E/I at the end of the day today.

I've been super impressed with how fast the pre-screens have moved through over the past few months. 

25 modern pre screen slow track:

SFG May 19th

G/E/I June 22

QC this morning, June 25

Super fast! Dont have the grades listed yet, but based on the bill total it looks like I did very well with this pre screen. 

Economy (Pre - 1975)

$35
Fast Track: +$15

227 days
Fast Track: 20 days

This seemingly going-out-of-business deal or sale is working for new submissions--but its pushing mine (and others) back more and more from 9 months ago--even 3 months ago. Apparently this is an intended consequence.  I should note I could have been a father....I could have conceived after the submission and had the baby in the crib (and started another) before one grade is given.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:16 PM, Dr. A said:
Economy (Pre - 1975)

$35
Fast Track: +$15

227 days
Fast Track: 20 days

This seemingly going-out-of-business deal or sale is working for new submissions--but its pushing mine (and others) back more and more from 9 months ago--even 3 months ago. Apparently this is an intended consequence.  I should note I could have been a father....I could have conceived after the submission and had the baby in the crib (and started another) before one grade is given.

+1

CGC decision maker - "How can we make more money?"

CGC option giver - "We could make the FT turnaround times 1/10th of ST, but that'd be screwing over a lot of our customers."

CGC decision maker - "To heck with those losers. If they don't pay for FT, they mean nothing to us."

• Administrator
On 6/23/2022 at 5:46 PM, Kevin76 said:

Just got back from my LCS, owner said he was talking to someone who works at CGC and they said if you've got books to submit, to get them in before the 4th cause prices are increasing again.  Don't know how true it is but that's what I was told :whatev:

The price increase for CSG and CGC TC goes into effect on the 5th. Nothing for comics that I have heard. 

I'm got back a box that is still showing up in G/E/I in the software, and I have other boxes that have been in G/E/I for two weeks. Then there were some boxes that came out of scheduled for grading and went all the way through in a day. All May submissions. There really is no cadence. I can't complain though, my last submission came back in 20 days and the grades were at 90% of what I expected, and my last 4 pre-screen submissions only had two rejections total, so it seems to be back on track somewhat in the modern tier to pre-pandemic levels in fast track/pre-screen.

Edited by zoso99

On 6/27/2022 at 9:56 AM, zoso99 said:

I'm got back a box that is still showing up in G/E/I in the software, and I have other boxes that have been in G/E/I for two weeks. Then there were some boxes that came out of scheduled for grading and went all the way through in a day. All May submissions. There really is no cadence. I can't complain though, my last submission came back in 20 days and the grades were at 90% of what I expected, and my last 4 pre-screen submissions only had two rejections total, so it seems to be back on track somewhat in the modern tier to pre-pandemic levels in fast track/pre-screen.

If they're still at GEI in "cgc's system", I wonder if they were finalized, and or, still added to the census or registry? @CGC Mike

ARE YOU SAYING they're at home with you, but still show GEI under tracking?

On 6/27/2022 at 10:00 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If they're still at GEI in "cgc's system", I wonder if they were finalized, and or, still added to the census or registry? @CGC Mike

This happened to me as well. Books were marked as shipped and then switched back to G/E/I a few hours later. After receiving the books, I contacted CGC and they were able to update the notification and add the books to the census/registry.

On 6/27/2022 at 8:00 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

At home, with me, for two weeks now. I don't open my boxes straight away. Actually, I don't open my boxes at all, my daughter does. She caught it. It threw her for a loop. I get a few boxes at a time, 3-4.

Edited by zoso99

On 6/25/2022 at 11:24 AM, Stefan_W said:

25 modern pre screen slow track:

SFG May 19th

G/E/I June 22

QC this morning, June 25

Super fast! Dont have the grades listed yet, but based on the bill total it looks like I did very well with this pre screen. 

25/25 hit the 9.6 pre-screen with about 80% or so at 9.8, so very happy with the results.

Everything is done and marked for shipping on June 28th.