• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,968 posts in this topic

I sent my very first submission and which was unlimited value, very disappointed in the turnaround times given versus what actually happened. 

Apparently the turnaround time doesn't include the time it just sits at their facility, in fact according to them they didn't get it for a week after it was signed for , actually it sat for 12 days because Cgc didn't Even acknowledge it was there, I have many UV books to send in and I'm reconsidering, thinking about just getting high quality holders for them and bypass Cgc.

Edited by zach1900

On 5/2/2024 at 8:52 PM, zach1900 said:

I sent my very first submission and which was unlimited value, very disappointed in the turnaround times given versus what actually happened. 

Apparently the turnaround time doesn't include the time it just sits at their facility, in fact according to them they didn't get it for a week after it was signed for , actually it sat for 12 days because Cgc didn't Even acknowledge it was there, I have many UV books to send in and I'm reconsidering, thinking about just getting high quality holders for them and bypass Cgc.

The clock on the official TAT starts when the box is opened and the books enter SFG. Most times of the year boxes are opened quickly so this difference in counting time is negligible, but when Con season hits there is often a slowdown for opening boxes. 

One of the things that is really useful about this particular thread is people sometimes include when the books arrived at CGC. Looking back through a few pages you can sometimes see how long it is taking for boxes to be opened. The waiting for grading is mostly irrelevant to me outside of getting super curious about how the books did, but if it really bothers you then it is better to submit in the winter and away from when large comic conventions are scheduled. 

Best of luck with the grades!

Edited by Stefan_W

On 5/2/2024 at 8:18 PM, Stefan_W said:
On 5/2/2024 at 7:52 PM, zach1900 said:

sent my very first submission and which was unlimited value, very disappointed in the turnaround times given versus what actually happened. 

Expand  

The clock on the official TAT starts when the box is opened and the books enter SFG. Most times of the year boxes are opened quickly so this difference in counting time is negligible, but when Con season hits there is often a slowdown for opening boxes. 

One of the things that is really useful about this particular thread is people sometimes include when the books arrived at CGC. Looking back through a few pages you can sometimes see how long it is taking for boxes to be opened. The waiting for grading is mostly irrelevant to me outside of getting super curious about how the books did, but if it really bothers you then it is better to submit in the winter and away from when large comic conventions are scheduled. 

Best of luck with the grades!

All good words of advice and encouragement on timing. I sent in a submission today, and due to when cgc will inevitably charge me I called to ask how long for boxes being opened.

I'll try to update upon arrival. Also they have a package tool for the USPS tracking or other, on the my submissions page. So even if they haven't opened to sfg, you can at least track that the package arrived and was scanned in. 

I hope this helps, also depending on if you're new new, CGC gives instructions for uv to write that on the box for priority opening. All good things to mention. I think the last post about the time of the year might help more, but depending on how funds are, maybe this post will help alleviate as well ❤️‍🩹 😉 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/2/2024 at 2:47 PM, joeypost said:

Whoa. How many days above their posted TAT is that?

Just shipped today. TAT was 30 business days, which is 6 weeks. This was only 5 or so days longer than that.   

image.thumb.png.b08381ddf3238766e826f345c7534683.png

My recent experience says that Moderns are moving a lot quicker than Vintage.

Modern Received: 4/2, Shipped: 4/5

Modern Received: 4/12, Shipped 4/18

Vintage Received 3/2, Graded (as per cert page) 4/11, Shipped 4/26