• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2023 at 4:02 AM, Ryan. said:

I feel like Peter at the beginning of Office Space when he keeps shifting traffic lanes. No matter what tier I pick, that tier immediately becomes the slowest one.

Seriously. Seems pretty ridiculous that modern slow track stuff gets pumped out well before their advertised time, while standard/express/walkthrough don’t get held to the same standard.

3 Book Mechanical Error Submission 
2023-01-19    Delivered to CGC
2023-01-19    CGC Site shows Submission Delivered
2023-01-30    CGC Received/SFG

3 Book Reholder Submission
2023-01-19    Delivered to CGC
2023-01-19    CGC Site shows Submission Delivered
2023-01-23    CGC Received/SFG

On 1/28/2023 at 7:02 AM, Ryan. said:

I feel like Peter at the beginning of Office Space when he keeps shifting traffic lanes. No matter what tier I pick, that tier immediately becomes the slowest one.

Michael  .... Bolton??/   is that your real name?? :roflmao:

On 1/26/2023 at 4:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Check the cgc new bulletin board, I think the magazines are on hold until the new mag holder they're creating in February,  I'll try to update with a link

New Magazine machines....... what are the chances these new machines will be able to encapsulate Treasury editions? Wishful thinking? Pipe dream? 

McFarlane Signing + CCS

10/30 - Mailed to CGC 

11/2 - Delivered to CGC facility

11/9 - Received by CCS

1/13 - Received by CGC

1/13 - SFG

1/16 - GEI

1/17 - G/QC

1/19 - Shipped

--

11/5 - Mailed to CGC 

11/7 - Delivered to CGC facility

11/23 - Received by CCS

1/24 - Received by CGC

1/24 - SFG

1/30 - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped

A tale of my two Econ Fast Tracks submissions

1)  Received 12/23/22.  Been in GEI since 1/2/23 (they've had it 5 1/2 weeks now.)

2) Received  1/17/23.  Shipped 1/25.  The turn-around on this one was only 8 days!

I don't get it.... why is the submission I sent in a month earlier STILL in GEI?  I even called them last week and she said she would "nudge it", but it's still in GEI.

Of course, I waited over a year for a Slow Economy Submission to come back so you'd think I would be more patient.

Funny, NOT Freakn' Funny 

Sent a box of 8 books received this past Thursday 1/26

6 standard fast track

2 Walkthrough

So I'm checking the progesss past few days and notice my 6 fast track are flying through the grading process and now my 6 books are in QC

and my 2 walk throughs are still SFG

While I'm sure most here are like "hey dumdum, what are you complaining about, you got 700 of value for 330"

But I'm pissed because I could have gave two craps when the 6 got graded :frustrated:

Edited by Courageous Cat

On 2/1/2023 at 1:43 PM, Courageous Cat said:

Funny, NOT Freakn' Funny 

Sent a box of 8 books received this past Thursday 1/26

6 standars fast track

2 Walkthrough

So I'm checking the progesss past few days and notice my 6 fast track are flying through the grading process and now my 6 books are in QC

and my 2 walk throughs are still SFG

While I'm sure most here are like "hey dumdum, what are you complain about, you got 700 of value for 330"

But I'm pissed because I could have gave two craps when the 6 got graded :frustrated:

Fully expecting this to happen to me. Have a Walkthrough, Express, and Standard book all going in one box. Willing to bet that the Standard gets done first despite having to pay dumb money for a tier that is supposed to be quicker....

On 2/1/2023 at 5:23 PM, Aarrow108 said:

Fully expecting this to happen to me. Have a Walkthrough, Express, and Standard book all going in one box. Willing to bet that the Standard gets done first despite having to pay dumb money for a tier that is supposed to be quicker....

I guess I could see how this happens when you mix, but this is the first its happened to me after a couple years of doing this. Good luck