• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,091 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2024 at 1:38 PM, FigaroToe said:

Nothing worse than waking up and seeing a $300 charge for a 25 book 9.8 prescreen, and then seeing this:image.png.481283ee4e284988844c8eda7ee71403.png

Definitely got a reviewer who hadn't had their coffee yet. :cry:

That's rough.

Fingers crossed that your other pre-screen does better! :wishluck:

On 5/10/2024 at 5:03 PM, Stefan_W said:

25 book MODERN submission

May 7 - Arrived at CGC's PO Box

May 7 - Picked up by CGC (very end of the day)

May 10 - SFG / Credit Card charged

This submission hit SFG right at the very end of the day on a Friday, just when I thought I would have to wait until next week. Great stuff! :) 

25 book MODERN submission

May 7 - Arrived at CGC's PO Box

May 7 - Picked up by CGC (very end of the day)

May 10 - SFG / Credit Card charged

May 17 - List of books in submission updated to include the news stand editions and Canadian price variants

I noticed last time that the submission list that shows online was updated a day or two before my books were moved to G/E/I. Lets see if that happens this time as well :) 

15 Modern Book Submission (From Canada)

Shipped 5/2

Delivered to CGC PO Box: 5/9

Confirmed Picked Up: 5/10

SFG: ??

12 Modern Pre-Screen Submission (From Canada)

Shipped 5/2

Delivered to CGC PO Box 5/9

Confirmed Picked Up:5/10 

Serioiusly, what gives?  Why aren't they showing up in the system yet or SFG?   It's 5 business days later

On 5/17/2024 at 10:45 AM, Dayofthedead204 said:

15 Modern Book Submission (From Canada)

Shipped 5/2

Delivered to CGC PO Box: 5/9

Confirmed Picked Up: 5/10

12 Modern Pre-Screen Submission (From Canada)

Shipped 5/2

Delivered to CGC PO Box 5/9

Confirmed Picked Up:5/10 

Serioiusly, what gives?  Why aren't they showing up in the system yet or SFG?   It's 5 business days later

5 days is not that long. If you look back in this discussion you will see that orders are hitting SFG 3 or more business days after they arrive. If there is a glut of submissions from a Con it can be a week or two. 

I would not be concerned at this point, but if it hits about 10 business days without being entered into the system I would call customer support to see what's up. 

On 5/17/2024 at 10:41 AM, Stefan_W said:

5 days is not that long. If you look back in this discussion you will see that orders are hitting SFG 3 or more business days after they arrive. If there is a glut of submissions from a Con it can be a week or two. 

I would not be concerned at this point, but if it hits about 10 business days without being entered into the system I would call customer support to see what's up. 

That is why I have been trying to time my submissions before or a few weeks after a con. Hoping that way I can bypass some of the glut of submissions.

On 5/18/2024 at 10:27 AM, kcm54 said:

And graded 5/16, results up 5/18, shipping 5/20

Delivered May 6th

Received sfg May 10th

GEI May 17th

7 book Modern :) 

Since @kcm54 confirmed and I don't feel to "special" lol:insane: 

Mine too showed movement today! :banana:

Grading/Quality Control, 5/18

Haven't checked here in a while--have TAT's and time to open packages slowed down noticeably in the past few weeks, since Con season started? Things were flying back in March/early April. Have a number of subs coming up, so just curious if I should adjust my expectations a bit...

On 5/18/2024 at 12:07 PM, Nschenks said:

Haven't checked here in a while--have TAT's and time to open packages slowed down noticeably in the past few weeks, since Con season started? Things were flying back in March/early April. Have a number of subs coming up, so just curious if I should adjust my expectations a bit...

I have had high value, modern, pre-screen, and ME submissions since Con season started. Although things are slower than before Con season heated up everything I submitted has still made it by the listed TAT. 

On 5/20/2024 at 12:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Delivered May 6th

Received sfg May 10th

GEI May 17th

shipped 5/20

Was this for modern? My one modern book has been stuck in quality control since the 17th. Was originally received on April 29th. Wondering why it hasn't shipped yet while others are receiving shipping for theirs.

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 11:55 AM, Alex Traicoff said:
On 5/20/2024 at 11:50 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Delivered May 6th

Received sfg May 10th

GEI May 17th

shipped 5/20

Was this for modern? My one modern book has been stuck in quality control since the 17th. Was originally received on April 29th. Wondering why it hasn't shipped yet while others are receiving shipping for theirs.

yes for modern slow track :) I'd call, maybe they can make sense of it, but I think that is still within the 20-day tat if the same tier as mine, but @CGC Mike might be able to help as well :cheers:

Welcome to the boards, I hope it suits you and you get answers.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/20/2024 at 1:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

yes for modern slow track :) I'd call, maybe they can make sense of it, but I think that is still within the 20-day tat if the same tier as mine, but @CGC Mike might be able to help as well :cheers:

Welcome to the boards, I hope it suits you and you get answers.

Appreciate you! Yup, same tier as you. @CGC Mike, any chance you can give me an update? Submission # is 4422170