• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
78 78

27,575 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2024 at 1:20 PM, pmpknface said:

UPDATE!  

Books that were received on 7/24, moved to G/E/I on 8/28, shipped yesterday (9/4).  

This was a sub of 30 vintage, 25 out of 30 books.  The other 5 were separated in a different sub id and are still being graded.  

Final update!  This was a 30 book vintage, standard (no fast track).  

Of the 30 I sent in on 7/24, 25 arrived with the above updates, on Monday 9/9. 

5 were separated into a mini-sub and were moved to SHIPPED as of this morning, 9/13 so I should have them by early next week.  

Is recieving taking a long time for anyone else?

I have a CGC Comics order delivered on Tuesday 9/10 that has yet to be scanned as recieved.

And a CGC Cards order delivered Friday 9/6 that has also not been scanned yet.  This problem seems consistent on the cards end (7-10 business days to scan is a lot though) but I have not heard any delay on the comics side.

On 9/13/2024 at 9:09 AM, gooshball said:

Is recieving taking a long time for anyone else?

I have a CGC Comics order delivered on Tuesday 9/10 that has yet to be scanned as recieved.

And a CGC Cards order delivered Friday 9/6 that has also not been scanned yet.  This problem seems consistent on the cards end (7-10 business days to scan is a lot though) but I have not heard any delay on the comics side.

Cards got checked in today as recieved in submission tracking.  Package never got checked in as delivered at all.  Wonder if this is all one issue with recieving not showing on the site.

On 9/13/2024 at 1:57 PM, joeypost said:

Is CGC still guaranteeing a specified TAT for signature books?

Guaranteeing is a strong word, don’t know they’ve ever guaranteed it. But they still have the same “estimated” TAT for signings of 6 weeks, or 8 weeks with CCS. Are they still hitting those timelines? For the most part +/- 1 week is my experience. My books I have in for the Michelinie signing already moved thru CCS and just went to GEI yesterday, 5 weeks after the signing took place, so should be on track to hit within 8 weeks.

On 9/13/2024 at 1:46 PM, gooshball said:

Cards got checked in today as recieved in submission tracking.  Package never got checked in as delivered at all.  Wonder if this is all one issue with recieving not showing on the site.

Same with the comics today, got entered and SFG.  Be aware something is going on with the recieving scans.

15 book Vintage Bulk

• Delivered to CGC - 8/6
  • Received and SFG - 8/6
  • GEI - ?  (29 days)

21 book Modern 

• Delivered to CGC - 8/19
  • Received and SFG - 8/22
  • GEI  - ? (20 days)

4 book Modern Fast Track

• Delivered to CGC - 8/29
  • Received and SFG - 9/3
  • GEI - 9/6
  • G/QC - ?  (12 days)

2 book Modern Fast Track, custom label 

• Received and SFG - 9/3
  • GEI - 9/6
  • G/QC - ? (12 days)

1 book Vintage Fast Track, custom labe

• Received and SFG -  9/3
  • GEI - 9/10
  • G/QC - ? (12 days)

1 book Vintage

• Delivered to CGC - 9/5
  • Received and SFG - 9/6
  • GEI - ? (8 days)

2 book High Value

• Delivered to CGC - 9/16
  • Received and SFG -

4 book Vintage

• Delivered to CGC - 9/16
  • Received and SFG -

2 book SS (Art Adams)

• Delivered to CGC - 9/18
  • Received and SFG -

I had a 3 book JSA order shipped by a facilitator on Aug 27.  These are essentially irreplaceable books due to the fact that the signers (Romita Sr, Neal Adams, and Denny O'Neil) have passed on.  It freaks me out to have these out of my control.  I am hoping to get these back end of Sept, early/mid Oct.  I hope I am not too far off on the return estimate.

Edited by Spidey 62

On 9/5/2024 at 1:42 PM, NY Roadkill said:

Finally e-mailed CGC after 9 weeks sitting as Received at CCS, next day pre-screen was done (no CCS to be done) and they moved to SFG.  So timeline is now:

Fantastic Four  #7 and #22 - VINTAGE
Dropped off at FedEx 6/25/24
FedEx Delivered 6/28/24
Received at CCS 7/3/24
E-Mail asking about status 9/3
CCS Pre-Screen done - no CCS 9/4/24
Scheduled for Grading 9/4/24

Scheduled to receive these today, so 12 weeks from dropped off at Fed-Ex to receiving graded books:

Fantastic Four  #7 and #22 - VINTAGE
Dropped off at FedEx 6/25/24
FedEx Delivered 6/28/24
Received at CCS 7/3/24
E-Mail asking about status 9/3
CCS Pre-Screen done - no CCS 9/4/24
Scheduled for Grading 9/4/24
GEI 9/6/24
Shipped 9/13/24
Received 9/17/24