• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,995 posts in this topic

4 economy books "received" at CGC on March 24, 2014 (dropped off at Megacon March 21, 2014).

Will update.

Economy submission received on March 24, 2014 now at "scheduled for grading" -- about 34 business days after "received".

Will update.

Economy submission:

Received March 24, 2014

Scheduled for grading May 12, 2014 (34 business days after received)

Graded May 15, 2014 (37 business days after received)

Will update when shipped.

Economy submission (40 days estimated turnaround):

Received March 24, 2014

Quality control May 27, 2014 (44 business days after received)

FINAL UPDATE: Economy submission (40 business days estimated turnaround; 45 business days actual):

Received March 24, 2014

Quality control May 27, 2014 (44 business days after received)

Shipped May 28, 2014 (45 business days after received)

:taptaptap:

My experience shows that their current TaT's have always been longer than the estimated TaT's. Why not update it so that Estimated times ARE Current? I haven't seen nor heard of any submissions pace the "estimated" times. Seems like a folly to have those estimated times up there at all.

I'm pretty optimistic that my current slow track value sub will get done ahead of the stated TAT of 59 business days. My count was for those business days to be up at the end of June, and the books were graded on 5/17. I would certainly hope that it wouldn't take them 6 weeks to get them encapsulated and shipped...

We were told on our standard submission last week they are expected about 120 days..

I find it hard to believe that any sub would take 120 days. In any event, if mine takes 6 weeks to get encapsulated and shipped they're likely to get a phone call.

:taptaptap:

My experience shows that their current TaT's have always been longer than the estimated TaT's. Why not update it so that Estimated times ARE Current? I haven't seen nor heard of any submissions pace the "estimated" times. Seems like a folly to have those estimated times up there at all.

I'm pretty optimistic that my current slow track value sub will get done ahead of the stated TAT of 59 business days. My count was for those business days to be up at the end of June, and the books were graded on 5/17. I would certainly hope that it wouldn't take them 6 weeks to get them encapsulated and shipped...

We were told on our standard submission last week they are expected about 120 days..

I find it hard to believe that any sub would take 120 days. In any event, if mine takes 6 weeks to get encapsulated and shipped they're likely to get a phone call.

It's bound to get caught up somewhere. My 4 coupons have been sitting at verified for 2 weeks (9-10 business days) Current and Est is 15. Other coupon subs have been closer to 18-20.

I'd honestly be shocked if any tier beat the current time, let alone a "slow track" I'm not even counting their Estimated as legitimate any more.

Considering that they would want to show off on the coupon subs to entice memberships, if those are consistently lagging behind, we don't have any hope. Dont pay for fast track it takes longer, pay for fast track it still takes longer than the current TaT.......:pullhair:

Modern slow track:

Received 4/25

Verified 5/27

They just told me moderns are at a 40 day turnaround. But we passed 30 and im not even scheduled for grading. I am thinking I still have another 3 weeks.

Scheduled for grading 5/29/14

Modern Fast Track:

Received: 5/16/2014

Verified: 5/22/2014

Scheduled for Grading: 5/30/2014

So we are pretty much neck and neck. Technically which one should finish first? MFT or Coupons?

Modern Fast Track:

So we are pretty much neck and neck. Technically which one should finish first? MFT or Coupons?

MFT is supposed to be 10 days compared to coupons which are supposed to be 15 days.

Modern Fast Track:

MFT is supposed to be 10 days compared to coupons which are supposed to be 15 days.

Yeah but there's estimated (10 &15), current (18&15) and real (who knows) so its a coin toss really.

Modern Slow Track:

Arrived at CGC on: 5/16/2014

Status as of 6/01/2014: Received

Economy Slow Track:

Status as of 6/01/2014: Received

Economy Magazine:

Status as of 6/01/2014: Verified

Hold tight, everyone. These turn around times are about to pick up very soon. (thumbs u

I'm not going to get my hopes up until I personally see a Jet pack strapped to my submissions. A Figurative one.

Hold tight, everyone. These turn around times are about to pick up very soon. (thumbs u

And why would CGC care to speed up turn around times? It isn't like there is another competitor out there? Oh wait... maybe?

4 Collectors Society Coupons

5/16/14- Verified

5/30/14- Scheduled for Grading

6/2/14- Graded

:think: seems like it picked up a little speed there, I was expecting a few days in between . It got scheduled and grade over the weekend..this is getting interesting