• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

Saturdays are not considered business days and I suspect that Good Friday was a holiday for them but I'm not 100% sure.

I believe your book will ship Monday :wishluck:

Nope, they worked Good Friday so suck it.

Saturdays are not considered business days and I suspect that Good Friday was a holiday for them but I'm not 100% sure.

Nope, they worked Good Friday so suck it.

:whee:

Hmm...it's just that I could've swore it said "graded' when I woke up Saturday morning, but then later in the day it changed to 'Shipped/Safe'.

Oh well, no biggie. :)

Mike

Hmm...it's just that I could've swore it said "graded' when I woke up Saturday morning, but then later in the day it changed to 'Shipped/Safe'.

Oh well, no biggie. :)

Mike

They work many Saturdays to get caught up, but they don't consider that as a business day for calculating TATs.

Standard (Coupon submission - 4 books)

Received - 3/19/15

Verified - 3/20/15

Scheduled for Grading - 4/8/15

Graded/Quality Control - 4/8/15

Shipped/Safe - 4/10/15 (and very pleased with the grades)

In-Hand - TBD

Mine was received on the 23rd and still waiting for fast track. Getting excited!!!

Invoice 1

Standard (Coupon submission)

Received - 1/30/15

Verified - 2/2/15

Scheduled for Grading - 2/17/15

Graded/Quality Control - 2/23/15

Shipped/Safe - 2/24/15

In-Hand - 3/2/15

Invoice 2

Modern (slow)

Received - 1/30/15

Verified - 2/24/15

Scheduled for Grading - 3/6/15

Graded - 3/16/15

Grading/Quality Control - 4/16/15

Getting there...

It is a waste of time looking at current turn around rates for modern/economy tiers at either of the grading firms.You can expect at least 4 months.

You get what you pay for, I learned that the hard way....from both companies.I'll add that the turn around rates for economy/modern tiers are reasonable, for both firms, when you consider the below:

When you are paying at most $20 to have a modern book slabbed, and you stand to be able to make easily ten times that figure once the book is slabbed and it can be sold as a 9.8 or whatever....of course, either firm is not going to bend over backwards to get your books graded, slabbed and shipped back to you within 30 days of your submission.

Fast tracking is the only viable option.....unless you simply want the books for your own collection so having your funds tied up for 4 months while the books sit in grading, isn't going to hurt you.

I think I have to re-think how I determine the value of the comics that I submit (I think they ask this for insurance reasons?) The amount that I put down is way different from their value when they are sent back to me - 4 months later.

Mike

It is a waste of time looking at current turn around rates for modern/economy tiers at either of the grading firms.You can expect at least 4 months.

You get what you pay for, I learned that the hard way....from both companies.I'll add that the turn around rates for economy/modern tiers are reasonable, for both firms, when you consider the below:

When you are paying at most $20 to have a modern book slabbed, and you stand to be able to make easily ten times that figure once the book is slabbed and it can be sold as a 9.8 or whatever....of course, either firm is not going to bend over backwards to get your books graded, slabbed and shipped back to you within 30 days of your submission.

Fast tracking is the only viable option.....unless you simply want the books for your own collection so having your funds tied up for 4 months while the books sit in grading, isn't going to hurt you.

I started to respond, but this nonsense just hurt my head.

MFT

Received 3/30

Verified 4/7

Scheduled for Grading 4/14

Graded 4/16

Grading/Quality Control 4/21

:taptaptap:

I don't mind waiting I just think that once they are graded they should put the grades in. That is all you are really waiting for anyway.

At the CGC booth over the weekend I asked

CGC modern was 2.5 months door-to-door

CCS modern pressing was around 3 months.

At the CGC booth over the weekend I asked

CGC modern was 2.5 months door-to-door

CCS modern pressing was around 3 months.

Yeah they lied to you. I'm at 2 and a half months right now and still sitting at Graded :frustrated: