• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,954 posts in this topic

Now I see the data. I got a 9.6 on that Peter Parker 64 - should have pressed it like you suggested. Not too bad for my first submission by myself.

Determine the price difference in sales between 9.6 ( little over $200) and 9.8 ($450.00+)of that book. The profit is more than the service and if you are confident in achieving a 9.8 then hm

He thought it was 9.8 without the press. I should have bought the book.

Submitted two orders on 6/7

Order 1 Marked Received on 6/10

Order 2 Marked Received on 6/12

Status as of 7/22: Received. I am a patient guy. I did not expect these back until around November / December.

Edited by Buzzetta

My previous Modern tier batch of 10 books was delivered in March, 49 weekdays past the invoice date.

My current batch is 64 weekdays past the invoice date and has not shipped yet. We are a full 3 weeks past the previous "in hand" date, and growing.

What is accounting for the growing turnaround?

I only ask because i thought i read somewhere on these boards that CGC was hiring more employees to reduce turnaround.

Any insight?

My previous Modern tier batch of 10 books was delivered in March, 49 weekdays past the invoice date.

My current batch is 64 weekdays past the invoice date and has not shipped yet. We are a full 3 weeks past the previous "in hand" date, and growing.

I only ask because i thought i read somewhere on these boards that CGC was hiring more employees to reduce turnaround.

Any insight?

Ironically, hiring more resources can result in longer times in the short-run. Resources are dedicated to hiring and training the new people. Additionally, those new people will not be operating at the same quality/efficiency level as the more experienced workers.

Any insight?

Ironically, hiring more resources can result in longer times in the short-run. Resources are dedicated to hiring and training the new people. Additionally, those new people will not be operating at the same quality/efficiency level as the more experienced workers.

For now, i am blaming Star Wars.

Any insight?

When I called them last week the rep said they had hired some new graders but it takes some time to get the new guys kicking out books as fast as needed. He also said they are experiencing and exponential growth in books being submitted which they are having a hard time getting a handle on. Considering the new grading company must have taken some of their potential work load it translates into a LOT of books getting slabbed. Damn flippers!

Edited by 1Cool

Any insight?

:roflmao:

I believe it is a combination of a few things out there going on.

1. Increase in flow due to the overall publicity graded comics got when news of another legit name I cannot say

2. The Graded Superman record for a comic last year

3. Training new staff

4. The shear number of submissions for Marvel's Star Wars Comics now is insane

MST - 9 books

Received 5/19/15

Verified 7/22/15

MST - 9 books

Received 6/15/15

MST - 9 books

Received 5/19/15

Verified 7/22/15

These will ship on 8/19/15. I'm willing to bet up to $1 on that.

Ugh, I hope not. That's when my books were received.

MST - 9 books

Received 5/19/15

Verified 7/22/15

These will ship on 8/19/15. I'm willing to bet up to $1 on that.

Ugh, I hope not. That's when my books were received.

All of my MST submissions over the last year have shipped at the 3 month mark to the day. It's uncanny.