• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,954 posts in this topic

I have 120 books arrived on 3/20. Today, it's been 4 months. Still listed as graded.

What tier?

MST. Usually, I get them within 3.5 months. To not have shipped in 4 months has been a change.

You should call them. Something is wrong. I already have my MST books back that they received on 3/26.

I have 120 books arrived on 3/20. Today, it's been 4 months. Still listed as graded.

What tier?

MST. Usually, I get them within 3.5 months. To not have shipped in 4 months has been a change.

If you haven't called then you should. Looks like they are shipping April MST.

What tier?

My 4 books received in April just arrive and I have another April invoice with 14 books that are shipped and should be here on Friday.

So are the express tiers basically getting done on time? I have a few books I want to send it but won't if "express" means 3-4 weeks.

I'm curious about this too. Anyone?

What tier?

Thanks all. I'll try tiday or tomorrow. It's been some time.

So are the express tiers basically getting done on time? I have a few books I want to send it but won't if "express" means 3-4 weeks.

I'm curious about this too. Anyone?

Express and Standard are on time. Everything else is not.

My walkthrough took 2 days about 3 weeks ago. I don't think standard would be 4 weeks but would 2 weeks surprise me no.

1st Sub:

Modern Fast Track (20 books) - 17 Blue and 3 SS

Received 6/24

Verified 6/29

Scheduled for Grading 7/15

Graded 7/17

Graded/Quality 7/20

Today is the day - can feel it!

1st Sub:

Received 6/24

Verified 6/29

Graded 7/17

Graded/Quality 7/20

I'll take that bet.

1st Sub:

Received 6/24

Verified 6/29

Graded 7/17

Graded/Quality 7/20

I'll take that bet.

You know the CGC system way to well to bet against..

1st Sub:

Received 6/24

Verified 6/29

Graded 7/17

Graded/Quality 7/20

I'll take that bet.

I should have made the bet. The set is now listed as shipped/safe but none of the data has been filled in yet. I assume they are filling it in right now.

Now I see the data. I got a 9.6 on that Peter Parker 64 - should have pressed it like you suggested. Not too bad for my first submission by myself.

What tier?

I've TWICE had shipments delayed because of an accounting error on the part of CGC. I wouldn't have known unless I called to check on the submission.

As a public service, I implore everyone to call to check on their submissions if they appear to be later than expected based on posted TATs. CGC will rarely contact you to let you know there's a problem (even if they created it).

What tier?

I've TWICE had shipments delayed because of an accounting error on the part of CGC. I wouldn't have known unless I called to check on the submission.

As a public service, I implore everyone to call to check on their submissions if they appear to be later than expected based on posted TATs. CGC will rarely contact you to let you know there's a problem (even if they created it).

I can't speak to your issues but twice I have had either Bree or Sam contact me, both times were my mistake in which I incorrectly wrote down something wrong on my invoice such as the issue number or quantity. They were quickly handled.

I was also contacted once when my card didn't go through (guessing it was messy hand writing on my part).

Finally books were marked as shipped, after 2 weeks of not getting them I asked for the tracking and for w/e reason they hadn't actually shipped but they were put out the door that day.

What tier?

I can't speak to your issues but twice I have had either Bree or Sam contact me, both times were my mistake in which I incorrectly wrote down something wrong on my invoice such as the issue number or quantity. They were quickly handled.

I was also contacted once when my card didn't go through (guessing it was messy hand writing on my part).

Finally books were marked as shipped, after 2 weeks of not getting them I asked for the tracking and for w/e reason they hadn't actually shipped but they were put out the door that day.

with that amount of volume, there's gonna be some mistakes. Sometimes by the customer, sometimes by CGC. Either way, they've typically been pretty responsive when I ask about status, whether its via email or by calling. SO if there's a concern, just ask, no big deal.

1st Sub:

Received 6/24

Verified 6/29

Graded 7/17

Graded/Quality 7/20

I'll take that bet.

I should have made the bet. The set is now listed as shipped/safe but none of the data has been filled in yet. I assume they are filling it in right now.

I have the Grading/Quality as of 7/20 also..Maybe I'll get to see my grades today!!! :/

1st Sub:

Received 6/24

Verified 6/29

Graded 7/17

Graded/Quality 7/20

I'll take that bet.

I have the Grading/Quality as of 7/20 also..Maybe I'll get to see my grades today!!! :/

Strangely I have 3 SS books submitted at the same time and those three are stuck at the Graded stage. Does it take longer for SS books?

Edited by 1Cool

Now I see the data. I got a 9.6 on that Peter Parker 64 - should have pressed it like you suggested. Not too bad for my first submission by myself.

Determine the price difference in sales between 9.6 ( little over $200) and 9.8 ($450.00+)of that book. The profit is more than the service and if you are confident in achieving a 9.8 then hm

Edited by Catwomancomics