• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,951 posts in this topic

Tracking door to door:

Modern Slow Track, 9 Books

Dropped at PO 6-21-15

Marked as Delivered by USPS 6-25-15 (Not sure why this was labeled as a 3 Day Priority Shipment, when the other one was a two day shipment and delivered and entered yesterday)

Marked as received by CGC 6-25-15

Credit Card Billed 6-26-15

Verified 8-25

Scheduled for Grading 9-2-15

Graded 9-28-15

Grading/QC 10-9-15

Shipped/Safe 10-14-15

Delivered via FedEx 10-20-15

Four months exactly.

Congrats and thank you for the very detailed breakdown :headbang:

Wow! My 5 SS MFT were shipped today and they were received on 10/1 after I dropped them off at Baltimore. Unfortunately my 1 SS Silver-Age book is still sitting at the Verified stage.
I dropped 4 books off with a coupon on Saturday at Baltimore and they weren't received until 10/12/2015! Still sitting at verified :sorry:

It seems that things are moving a little more quickly down there in Florida. No?

In recent months I have found that the actual TOT's for standard and modern fast track we about the same; 1 month.

Because I had a package refused by CGC (the PO did a number on the outside of the box but the books were thankfully protected) I wound up with a MFT that was received on 10/5 and a Standard that was received on 10/8. The MFT is in grading / quality control while the Standard is still in Verified. I expected there to be about a 3 days difference between the two subs through each of the stages.

Based on this it appears as though at the very least MFT has sped up in terms of TOT.

--Fast track may be improving, but slow levels for me has been staying around 4 months (door to door) for the last 1.5 years....If I knew I could go from 4 months to 1 month, I would have to reconsider spending the extra 9 bucks per comic....

It seems that things are moving a little more quickly down there in Florida. No?

In recent months I have found that the actual TOT's for standard and modern fast track we about the same; 1 month.

Because I had a package refused by CGC (the PO did a number on the outside of the box but the books were thankfully protected) I wound up with a MFT that was received on 10/5 and a Standard that was received on 10/8. The MFT is in grading / quality control while the Standard is still in Verified. I expected there to be about a 3 days difference between the two subs through each of the stages.

Based on this it appears as though at the very least MFT has sped up in terms of TOT.

Ah, I remember the days that you could get MFT back in under 10 business days.

MST - 5 books

Received - 8/6/15

Verified - 10/20/15

SfG - 10/21/15

I have a 10 book sub that was also received on 8-6-15. It was verified a few days before yours, yet is still sitting in verified after yours.

Sometimes I think CGC's grading schedule is more random than the original Press Your Luck board.

Modern Slow Track, 10 books

Rec'd 7/21

Verified 10/9

Scheduled for grading 10/14

Economy Slow Track, 2 books

Rec'd 7/21

Verified 9/22

Scheduled for grading 10/5

Graded 10/16

Baltimore Modern SS FT, 3 books

Rec'd 10/2

Scheduled for grading 10/15

Graded 10/19

QC 10/21

Shipped 10/22 (I'm really surprised how fast this was) :headbang:

NYCC Modern SS FT, 2 books

Rec'd 10/20

MST - 5 books

Received - 8/6/15

Verified - 10/20/15

SfG - 10/21/15

I have a 10 book sub that was also received on 8-6-15. It was verified a few days before yours, yet is still sitting in verified after yours.

Sometimes I think CGC's grading schedule is more random than the original Press Your Luck board.

The original board wasn't too random...

https://youtu.be/nzNMCXWCZzQ