• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,029 posts in this topic

My books have been stuck in the shipped/received status for a month, yet I am still not able to see the invoice or grade.

"shipped/safe?" Shipped/safe books should be in your hands.

If it's "received" then that's perfectly normal for slower tiers. Books sit at "received" for a long- time.

I double checked and they say shipped/safe and hasn't changed in awhile. I do not have them in my hand and cannot see the grades. I assume they are waiting for other books to be ready before they ship, but I assume at this point I would able to see the grades, instead of getting this response when I click on invoice number.

"Details not yet available for invoice xxxxxxx.

Grades are not displayed until submission ships."

My books have been stuck in the shipped/received status for a month, yet I am still not able to see the invoice or grade.

If it's "received" then that's perfectly normal for slower tiers. Books sit at "received" for a long- time.

I double checked and they say shipped/safe and hasn't changed in awhile. I do not have them in my hand and cannot see the grades. I assume they are waiting for other books to be ready before they ship, but I assume at this point I would able to see the grades, instead of getting this response when I click on invoice number.

Sounds like a multi-ship order?

Shoot CGC an email and I'm sure they'd be happy to send you the grades.

Yeah, that means the grades should be there. To the OP are you a collector's society member? You could look up the grades that way, too.

Yeah, that means the grades should be there. To the OP are you a collector's society member? You could look up the grades that way, too.

I am a member of both CGC and Collectors Society. How do you look up your grades through collectors society?

I am a member of both CGC and Collectors Society. How do you look up your grades through collectors society?

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx

invoice # + three digits starting with 001 for the first book in the sub.

I didn't think CGC combined shipping.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5093658#Post5093658

I didn't think CGC combined shipping.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5093658#Post5093658

They do for international customers.

I'm not sure I fully understand how they do pre-screens. To determine whether or not they meet the required grade, they have to grade the book, correct? Wouldn't that mean that they are grading books without getting paid for it?

Update on Submissions

Magazine Tier:

Dropped off at Boston Con 8/1

Accepted 8/10

Charged 8/12

Shipped 10/6

UPS tracking says it should be delivered today! :banana:

MST

Accepted 8/10

Charged 8/12

Was told it should be the 4 month wait time

MST: Signature Series

Accepted 8/10

Charged 8/12

Was told it should be the 4 month wait time

I'm not sure I fully understand how they do pre-screens. To determine whether or not they meet the required grade, they have to grade the book, correct? Wouldn't that mean that they are grading books without getting paid for it?

They get paid $5 for the pre-screen if the book fails

Saw that a usps truck was hit by a waterspout: http://6abc.com/weather/video-water-spout-destroys-mail-truck/1028778/

and there is a post about this in the coin forum.

Anyone other than me have a delivery that hasn't been updated lately and your package is stuck in Tampa for much longer than expected? My package was supposed to be delivered on Sat. but it hasn't left Tampa yet.

Saw that a usps truck was hit by a waterspout: http://6abc.com/weather/video-water-spout-destroys-mail-truck/1028778/

and there is a post about this in the coin forum.

Anyone other than me have a delivery that hasn't been updated lately and your package is stuck in Tampa for much longer than expected? My package was supposed to be delivered on Sat. but it hasn't left Tampa yet.

If it shipped USPS that means it went Registered. If it shipped registered tracking doesn't show up very well as the unit is shipped under lock and key differently than priority. I imagine your box was shipped likely thursday and it normally takes 5-7 business days for Registered to arrive vs the 2-3 that priority takes.

Thought the same. I suppose it would be fitting. I picked my name because of a Neil Young song.

I have comic insurance so I'm not sweating yet. My package should be fine (well, not affected by the waterspout) or I'm in denial. I lived in Tampa for a bit. I can't imagine why my package would arrive in Tampa (according to tracking) and then go on that bridge. Makes more sense to me if it didn't arrive in Tampa.

Regardless, I hope nobody got their packages destroyed.

Edit: iceman399, just noticed your post. I was slowly typing my response and watching the game. Yes, it was sent registered mail (2 day priority) on 10/8 (thurs). I appreciate your insight. Long time collector, first time CGC submission.

Edited by Twisted_Road