• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,986 posts in this topic

My 6/10 MST has been sitting at graded for about a month or so. Meanwhile, I submitted a MFT on 9/15 and it is catching up to the 3 month older submission pretty quickly as it is also now graded!

No been several months since they changed to the credit program. It pissed all the old collectors off cause they only get a couple of books graded, but made all the modern guys happy cause they get a better return.

Thanks. I missed that somehow. I was one of the old collectors who would use the coupon on big GA stuff. So now a premium membership seems useless.

You can still use the coupon if it hasn't expired, but any new/renewals get the credit.

No been several months since they changed to the credit program. It pissed all the old collectors off cause they only get a couple of books graded, but made all the modern guys happy cause they get a better return.

Thanks. I missed that somehow. I was one of the old collectors who would use the coupon on big GA stuff. So now a premium membership seems useless.

How so? You pay $149 and get $150 credit (+ the other benefits - eg. direct submission, online status, 10% off on blue label submissions).

As iceman also mentioned, the change benefits modern collectors at the expense of people who used the coupons on $1000 books, but considering you're still getting the same amount in grading credit that you're actually paying for the membership, it seems a bit harsh to call it useless :shrug:

Yeah I always used the coupon on 4 GA books with a quick turn around.

So sure I can get the same benefits and the money I put into it back, but getting $230+ worth of grading for $150 or whatever the cost, was a much better benefit.

If you were using that coupon on Moderns, you were doing it wrong lol

*now please carry on about how slow CGC is

Edited by StingerMcK

MFT

Received: some time ago

Shipped: maybe this year

It shipped yesterday. :gossip:

And arrived in Australia this morning... ;)

If that's the case, then it made good time from Australia to my doorstep this morning!

:)

-slym

Pre screen slow track May 20

Still waiting, been graded since beginning of Sept.

Is it normal to be graded for a month and not shipping?

sadly, yes.

Modern slow track: received 6/11

Shipped/Safe: 10/7 afternoon or early 10/8

Was that with pre-screening?

No, it wasn't. I didn't document the dates, but I think it spent 3-4 weeks in graded alone.

Edited by Twisted_Road