• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,977 posts in this topic

Looks like their time between receipt and verification has been increasing while the time between verification and scheduled for grading has been decreasing.

I was going to say that I hope CGC will improve some now that major con season is over - but then I looked at their calendar and they are at shows every week through the first week of December.

You must not live in the northeast. NYCC is Oct 8-11.

MST - 9 books

Received 6/15/15

Verified 8/12/15

Scheduled for Grading 8/24/15

Graded 9/15/15

MFT - 2 books

Received 8/31/15

Verified 9/15/15

Scheduled for Grading 9/16/15

Graded 9/18/15

Modern Slow Track, 10 books

Rec'd 7/21

Economy Slow Track, 2 books

Rec'd 7/21

Verified 9/22

Unfortunately these didn't make it before the SDCC books.

"Gone til November, Gone til November..."

Just tell my girl I'll be

MST - 9 books

Received 6/15/15

Verified 8/12/15

Scheduled for Grading 8/24/15

Graded 9/15/15

MFT - 2 books

Received 8/31/15

Verified 9/15/15

Scheduled for Grading 9/16/15

Graded 9/18/15

Grading/Quality Control 9/23/15

Tracking door to door:

Modern Slow Track, 9 Books

Dropped at PO 6-21-15

Marked as Delivered by USPS 6-25-15 (Not sure why this was labeled as a 3 Day Priority Shipment, when the other one was a two day shipment and delivered and entered yesterday)

Marked as received by CGC 6-25-15

Credit Card Billed 6-26-15

Verified 8-25

Scheduled for Grading 9-2-15

Graded 9-28-15

25 Value tier books from May 12 .....

I've called a couple of times on this one and they have been graded and encapsulated, just waiting to be shipped since 9/21/15. Total days is now 140 which is beyond crazy, even for a value tier. 12 more days and it will be 5 MONTHS.

I have two modern tier submissions that are over 100 days now with a third sitting at 96 days. The first two are graded the third is scheduled for grading.

So my magazine arrived today. They told me 3 months on the phone but it has only been about 1 month

Did you drop it off at a Con or mail it in? I dropped a Magazine track on the 1st of August at the Boston Con (in system Aug 10th). Wondering if I should be checking the mail :)

Is CGC still doing the 4 book membership coupon for signups to Premium? Now it is showing $150 Credit to CGC with membership costing $149. (shrug)

No been several months since they changed to the credit program. It pissed all the old collectors off cause they only get a couple of books graded, but made all the modern guys happy cause they get a better return.

No been several months since they changed to the credit program. It pissed all the old collectors off cause they only get a couple of books graded, but made all the modern guys happy cause they get a better return.

Thanks. I missed that somehow. I was one of the old collectors who would use the coupon on big GA stuff. So now a premium membership seems useless.

Edited by StingerMcK