• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,951 posts in this topic

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Magazine Modern (listed TAT of 30 days)
Number of books: 17
Received: 12/20
Verified: 12/20
Scheduled for Grading: 
Graded: 
QC: 

Shipped/Safe: 
Received (by owner): 

Edited by woregul

21 hours ago, wombat said:

Is there a delay with grader notes? I don't see any of my 5 books have notes when I look up my submission. 

I had some books with and without any grader notes on my last completed invoice. The ones that did have notes were available as soon as the invoice went to Shipped/Safe.

44 minutes ago, woregul said:

I had some books with and without any grader notes on my last completed invoice. The ones that did have notes were available as soon as the invoice went to Shipped/Safe.

Still nothing. Some of these were mid grade books so I would certainly expect notes. 

On 12/6/2017 at 11:43 AM, sfcityduck said:

Modern press and grade

Submitted at SF Con - 9/1

Made it to Florida - 9/7

"At CCS" (and invoiced) - 11/27

"Received" by CGC - 12/6

hm  Anyone want to take any bets on whether CGC gets these graded this calendar year (e.g., within 4 months of submission)?

7 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:
On 12/6/2017 at 2:43 PM, sfcityduck said:

Modern press and grade

Made it to Florida - 9/7

"Received" by CGC - 12/6

hm  Anyone want to take any bets on whether CGC gets these graded this calendar year (e.g., within 4 months of submission)?

They might just possibly make it to "Graded" but the chance they will make it to "Shipped/Safe" so you can see the grades is pretty much zero.  There's at most five working days left in the year, assuming they are even going to be working next week.

16 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Modern press and grade

Made it to Florida - 9/7

"Received" by CGC - 12/6

"Scheduled for Grading" - 12/22!

Maybe there is hope after all!

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:17 AM, 1Cool said:

Dear God - still at graded but it just went to encapsulating yesterday. 

Value - Received 9/26 and still waiting.

Late Christmas miracle.  Books finally went to QC.  If they ship today it will be 3 months exactly for a Value submission.  Could have gotten 3 orders of modern books received and shipped in that time frame.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Late Christmas miracle.  Books finally went to QC.  If they ship today it will be 3 months exactly for a Value submission.  Could have gotten 3 orders of modern books received and shipped in that time frame.

Well that escalated quickly.  Books shipped so the pack of 23 Value books were invoiced on the September 28th and shipped on 12/26.  No restored (which is always a home run) and the grades were pretty close plus or minus on all but 3 of them.  3 of them I was in the 6.0/7.0 range and then came back in 4.5/6.0 range.  All in all not too bad and I'm going to like that TOS 52 in a CGC 4.0 case.

Economy and Modern Magazine.

Received 12-21

Verified 12-26 CC charged

Scheduled for Grading-

Graded-

QC-

Will so how tight the grading is as one is a regrade due to feeling it was undergraded.My luck it will come back lower. Sending in two voldy's for cgc cases.

Phillip

On 12/26/2017 at 12:25 PM, woregul said:

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Economy
Number of books: 6
Received: 10/18
Verified: did not record
Scheduled for Grading: 12/7
Graded: 12/18
Grading/Quality Control: 12/26

Hopefully these get shipped this week

Shipped/Safe 12/27!

got the grades I expected mostly with 1 higher and 2 lower but not completely unexpected. Will post them in the back from CGC thread once they arrive. 

On 12/22/2017 at 9:40 AM, sfcityduck said:

Modern press and grade

Made it to Florida - 9/7

"Received" by CGC - 12/6

"Scheduled for Grading" - 12/22!

Maybe there is hope after all!

It was a vain hope.  Still "Scheduled for Grading" 12 days later.  Oh well, everyone deserves time off, especially this time of year.

25 Modern (pre-screen) Received 11/17  still at Graded 1/3  (for over 10 days)

25 Modern ST Received 12/12 also at Graded 1/3

The estimates show Pre-Screen same as tier, but that doesn't seem to be the case.