• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,947 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Drill423 said:

24/25 9.8...pretty happy.  Book rejected was one I did not expect.  But I'll take that percentage all day long.  

New books or copper/bronze?

Just now, Drill423 said:

New books.  If they were copper/bronze I’d myself at that luck.   

Still not easy to go 24/25 even with books right off the racks.  Good job.

But if you went 24/25 on copper/bronze books you are a super star.

On 5/3/2018 at 3:16 PM, ExNihilo said:

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern S/S
Number of books: 2
Received CCS: n/a
At CCS: n/a

Received CGC: 4/26
Verified: TBD
Graded: TBD
Shipped/Safe: TBD
Received (by owner): TBD

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Economy S/S
Number of books: 1
Received CCS: n/a
At CCS: n/a

Received CGC: 5/3
Verified: TBD
Graded: TBD
Shipped/Safe: TBD
Received (by owner): TBD

Man, they must be backed up or something.  My books have been sitting in "Received" for a month now.  Last time around, my books were received, verified, graded, shipped in the span of a month.  :(  Definitely makes you consider going the FastTrack route next time around.

Also, the tight grading worries me.  I've got two ASM300's set to be sent as soon as they get signed.  When they left my possession they were 9.4 CGC SS labels.  If it comes back as anything less, i'm gonna be sad.

image.png.f189daba36cba0050716df4eaf87d0ab.png

29 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Man, they must be backed up or something.  My books have been sitting in "Received" for a month now.  Last time around, my books were received, verified, graded, shipped in the span of a month.  :(  Definitely makes you consider going the FastTrack route next time around.

Also, the tight grading worries me.  I've got two ASM300's set to be sent as soon as they get signed.  When they left my possession they were 9.4 CGC SS labels.  If it comes back as anything less, i'm gonna be sad.

image.png.f189daba36cba0050716df4eaf87d0ab.png

Since 4/27 15 Books I send to CCS 3/27...I miss them:sorry:

3 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Since 4/27 15 Books I send to CCS 3/27...I miss them:sorry:

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Same i have some slow moderns at rec'd since 5/3

My CCS books just finished though. They were there since 3/27 and are now at CGC

I know how you both feel. :$

I dropped off 2 books to be reholdered at  a con on 3/18, they were verified on 3/22 - when I called last Monday I was told that reholdering was backed up, and looking at probably another week before they would be shipped. They are still just sitting at verified now. Never had a reholder take this long  :sorry:

Also I have 8 modern standard books verified since 4/26 — I wonder which I will get back first? hm

1 hour ago, nepatkm said:

I know how you both feel. :$

I dropped off 2 books to be reholdered at  a con on 3/18, they were verified on 3/22 - when I called last Monday I was told that reholdering was backed up, and looking at probably another week before they would be shipped. They are still just sitting at verified now. Never had a reholder take this long  :sorry:

Also I have 8 modern standard books verified since 4/26 — I wonder which I will get back first? hm

Sheesh that is a really long time for a reholder. Just when we thought the turnaround times were getting better...

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Sheesh that is a really long time for a reholder. Just when we thought the turnaround times were getting better...

I know, what makes it worse for me is one of my friends had a signature witnessed on a book he bought at that convention. It’s been graded and back to him almost a month now :insane:

19 hours ago, nepatkm said:

I know, what makes it worse for me is one of my friends had a signature witnessed on a book he bought at that convention. It’s been graded and back to him almost a month now :insane:

I did reholders a few months ago and the same thing happened. A few of my buddies got theirs done within a week. Then mine took a month and a half

Just now, STORMSHADOW_80 said:
19 hours ago, nepatkm said:

I did reholders a few months ago and the same thing happened. A few of my buddies got theirs done within a week. Then mine took a month and a half

Did you guys forget to include the crisp $20 slipped into the slab's sleeve?

On 5/29/2018 at 3:01 PM, Ron C. said:

13 Modern Fast Track

Received 5/23/18

Verified 5/24/18

Graded 5/25/18

Grading/Quality Control  5/29/18

Shipped 5/30/18

:golfclap:

15 modern issues (Regular Track) submitted via Express Drop off at Megacon Orlando.

Dropped off at Con: 5/25

Received and Verified: 6/1

Dropped off 5 more (Regular Track) the next day as well:

Dropped off at Con: 5/26

13 minutes ago, vitacura said:

15 modern issues (Regular Track) submitted via Express Drop off at Megacon Orlando.

Dropped off at Con: 5/25

Received and Verified: 6/1

Dropped off 5 more (Regular Track) the next day as well:

Dropped off at Con: 5/26

I just called about mine from megacon, lol I don't think it was in yet but they said they should have them entered by the end of this week, here' hoping. :wishluck:

I recently sent in my very first submission directly to CGC (4 modern fast tracks), using the online form.

I see that USPS delivered it yesterday around 1pm.  At what point would I be able to see any sort of status on  "My submissions"?  Currently it isn't showing anything (unless I'm looking in the wrong place).

Not a big deal, but I'm impatient :)

2 minutes ago, Cozmo-One said:

I recently sent in my very first submission directly to CGC (4 modern fast tracks), using the online form.

I see that USPS delivered it yesterday around 1pm.  At what point would I be able to see any sort of status on  "My submissions"?  Currently it isn't showing anything (unless I'm looking in the wrong place).

Not a big deal, but I'm impatient :)

Usually it's a few days to a week before you see them get rec'd in.

CGC definitely teaches us patience lol

My 2 reholders that we’re dropped off at a con on 3/18 and verified 3/22 Were marked graded today. Hope they didn’t go down from 9.8. (shrug) - finally some progress