• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good reading for a college student ?

24 posts in this topic

I'd suggest Snyder's new Batman ahead of any other Bat books because it is so contemporary and he can keep reading it. Then I would introduce him to the classics (Year One, Dark Knight Returns) and the Long Halloween since it's almost Halloween. I'd also try and get him reading the Walking Dead since he's new the TV series can compliment his reading. I'd also tell him what websites to check out and show him Discount Comic Book Service. It's great to hear about new readers.

I'd suggest Snyder's new Batman ahead of any other Bat books because it is so contemporary and he can keep reading it. Then I would introduce him to the classics (Year One, Dark Knight Returns) and the Long Halloween since it's almost Halloween. I'd also try and get him reading the Walking Dead since he's new the TV series can compliment his reading. I'd also tell him what websites to check out and show him Discount Comic Book Service. It's great to hear about new readers.

Completely agree on the new batman

If he's into Batman right now then The Dark Knight Returns and The Killing Joke should do the trick.

+1 When I first started getting into batman they're what I read, also a TPB of Watchmen should be obligatory for all newbs, to see what good writing can do for a book, in this cover driven age

Does it seem like he's partial to super-heroes genre only? I like to start newbies in college and above with Planetary. Strangers in Paradise and Bone are a couple more. Some others might be:

* Superman: Secret Identity

* Marvels

* The New 52 Omnibus? (meh, new readers to the hobby seem to dig it.)

* Starman

* Astro City