• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hmmm...this looks legit.

13 posts in this topic

brooklynkroozer666( -1 )

Like I'm gonna buy even a $20 book off someone with negative feedback. smirk.gif

Also I don't like that 666 stuff either.

That's good for buyer confidence isn't it?

"Hi. I'm 666, the Anti-Christ. My daddy is Satan the original Liar. You can trust me and bid on my auctions." devil.gif

brooklynkroozer666( -1 )

Like I'm gonna buy even a $20 book off someone with negative feedback. smirk.gif

Also I don't like that 666 stuff either.

That's good for buyer confidence isn't it?

"Hi. I'm 666, the Anti-Christ. My daddy is Satan the original Liar. You can trust me and bid on my auctions." devil.gif

Yeah, but he's from Crook....I mean Brooklyn! That should allay any of your fears! confused-smiley-013.gif

Redhook (originally a Bronx/Brooklyn Kroozer!)

I belive this book was stolen from my friends house in Brooklyn 3 years ago!! I had this book graded and left it at his house for him to hold....went back to get it and it was no where to be found...He thought his housesitter may have taken it but there was no proof. How could I recover this item....If I got serial # it would prove that I had this book graded, But then what? Any legal suggestions are appreciated

Steve

He thought his housesitter may have taken it but there was no proof. How could I recover this item....If I got serial # it would prove that I had this book graded, But then what? Any legal suggestions are appreciated

Did your friend ever file a police report, or report it as theft to his insurance company? If he did, and he utilized the CGC serial # as proof of I.D. (which is one of the things it should be used for), then you have a case. Who knows, it might be the former house-sitter trying to sell the book. If that's the case, and if your friend can prove ownership of the book, you can involve the correct authorities.

I belive this book was stolen from my friends house in Brooklyn 3 years ago!! I had this book graded and left it at his house for him to hold....went back to get it and it was no where to be found...He thought his housesitter may have taken it but there was no proof. How could I recover this item....If I got serial # it would prove that I had this book graded, But then what? Any legal suggestions are appreciated

Steve

Tell him you want the serial number so that you can check the graders' notes. If it's the same book, call his local police department and report it.

Steve

shocked.gif

I knew it.

Never trust a 666... foreheadslap.gif

Damn comic thieves! mad.gif

and have you been able to verify that the serial number is the same as the book that you lost?? who was the actual owner at the time it went missing - you or your friend?? good luck with your bid........ 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hello Comgeek

Do CGC keep front cover scans of all CGC graded books? If so, then I would have thought you could prove the book is yours without being able to see the serial number.

There are only 4 CGC graded 9.6 books. Surely one of these front cover images could be matched with the image on ebay. The label itself also plays a part. In addition to the page quality (how many of those 4 books are off-white to white), the label print "Fantastic Four Annual #2" varies in position from book to book (sometimes touching the blue and sometimes well separated - this ebay seller provides a close-up scan of this). And, of course, this is the old CGC label. So you have four criteria to fingerprint match the book to one of only four 9.6 possibilities - which must be achievable assuming that CGC stores scans of the books.

Assuming you can prove you know the serial number and filed a theft report at the time, then I would have thought CGC could then confirm that the book was submitted by you.

If this was me (although I live in the UK), I would contact CGC re. above details, ebay and the police. This is a seriously expensive item.

Good Luck

Alan