• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 1.0 Universal - CLOSED

36 posts in this topic

But guys there was a 6 hour difference between the two posts....

eriqui posted at 9:13AM and Miamiknight3434 posted at 3:07 PM

eirqui's question about paying next week is technically a condition but a very reasonable one IMO and the seller should honor the first post to take the book.

6 hours? Ouch.

eriqui wrote the word "if" in his declaration to :takeit:. What if the seller was unwilling to wait until next week?

Buyer: "I will buy this bottle of delicious Diet Dr. Pepper IF you are willing to take your top off during the transaction"

Seller: "..."

That's not a deal.

Yup. He should have just thown up the I'll take it without the "if" and been done with it. He would have the book right now.

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission...

Totally agree. That "if" (if it was responded to we don't know) is the kicker,

but since it wasn't marked "WINNAH" we can assume the seller didn't want to commit to the delayed payment.

judgement of the reasonableness of the condition is and should be left up to the seller. That's who the potential buyer made the offer to. That offer with the condition (however reasonable) was never accepted.

Think of this place as a store. There's a price tag on a comic. A customer picks up that comic and walks to front of the store, he's likes the price, he's goes to the front of the store and says, can you hold this for me til next week, I'll happily pay the cover price. Just then the phone rings, the owner picks up the phone and someone offers him 95% of the cover price and will come in later today and pick it up.

Now the owner is nice and its pretty common to let people pay a week later, but he'd rather have the cash today, he's going to vegas tomorrow. So he accepts the cash today offer. Did he do the 1st customer wrong? He never agreed to anything and there's no posted rules in his store about this type of week later payment situation.

judgement of the reasonableness of the condition is and should be left up to the seller. That's who the potential buyer made the offer to. That offer with the condition (however reasonable) was never accepted.

Think of this place as a store. There's a price tag on a comic. A customer picks up that comic and walks to front of the store, he's likes the price, he's goes to the front of the store and says, can you hold this for me til next week, I'll happily pay the cover price. Just then the phone rings, the owner picks up the phone and someone offers him 95% of the cover price and will come in later today and pick it up.

Now the owner is nice and its pretty common to let people pay a week later, but he'd rather have the cash today, he's going to vegas tomorrow. So he accepts the cash today offer. Did he do the 1st customer wrong? He never agreed to anything and there's no posted rules in his store about this type of week later payment situation.

Your analogy (or is it a metaphor? I always get those two messed up) is almost perfect. Except that n this case there was a 6 hour gap. So... the story would have to go,

Hey, i'll take this at cover price if you hold it for a week,

the store owner and the customer stare each other down for 6 hours,

then the phone rings.

Honestly I have no clue who should get the book, and I suppose it should go to whoever the seller wants to sell it to.

Well lots going on for this sale.

If the seller decides not to accept the deal then no deal. The :takeit: is a COMMITMENT to buy. If no conditions were attached to this then the buyer could say to the seller "your sale terms did not specify payment date". In looking at payment terms on the original posting I do not see them. Had the first poster not put "if" I think the seller would then have to honor next week correct? In the future it may make sense for the sellers to put when they expect payment thus when the :takeit: is posted this type of situation should be averted. ALL in my opinion.

Your posting here is an offer to sell a comic. This is a unilateral contract with the only acceptable form of acceptance is a :takeit:\

Eriqui's post was a counter offer. A counter offer is always a rejection of the current offer and then a counter offer is given. As no response was given to this no acceptance was given.

Therefore MiamiKnights unconditional :takeit: wins.