• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS Love Fest - Post your scans here!

49 posts in this topic

And one from the height of the Silver Age......including a retelling of Cap's origin....

TOS63.jpg

it's not retelling, that's the first time his origin is mentioned in the SA, it didn't happen in Avengers #4. gossip.gifmakepoint.gifforeheadslap.gifwink.gif

Nontheless, the man has taste!! I've owned every issue, and that was definitely my favorite cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

I wanted to contribute to this thread, but the only issues I have are these two I bought last week for $3.00 a piece. The condition is poor but I wanted to look at the stories and ads. Although they pale in comparision to others in this thread, which is sure to get Greggy to give me a sleeping.gif

TOS50.jpg

TOS53.jpg

Here's one that hasn't been posted yet...#48

TOS_48j.jpg

that's a cool cover thumbsup2.gif and nice copy. :

was talking to Doug Schmell yesterday and this book came up. Linmoth consigned one to Comiclink (i believe) that was a (sit down first) a 9.8!!! cloud9.gif

was talking to Doug Schmell yesterday and this book came up. Linmoth consigned one to Comiclink (i believe) that was a (sit down first) a 9.8!!! cloud9.gif

Actually, it was Heritage. Did Doug also mention that he didn't bid on it because he already had a 9.8 copy? For some reason, lots of copies of TOS 48 survived in high grade, way more than any other early TOS. Maybe it was a warehouse find, like ASM 33 or Avengers 24?

Those are awesome! And I love kryptonite's floor shots! What was really great about that run was the fact that you had a Kirby cover one month and a Colan cover the next. I think it was primo work coming from both of them at that point. Colan was never better.