• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #10 court copy on eBay! nice!

58 posts in this topic

Next to the Action #10 auction, I found the bidding on the Captain America Comics #1 quite interesting. New Ebayer wins a 71K book and all his other bids are with Sparkle City Comics!?!?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=380471582769

Well, Sparkle City is the only decent auctions for golden age on ebay. My bid history is probably 100% with them for the last year or so as well. I don't even look at anything else on ebay anymore.

Could be a big collector who usually deals with Heritage etc branching out.

Next to the Action #10 auction, I found the bidding on the Captain America Comics #1 quite interesting. New Ebayer wins a 71K book and all his other bids are with Sparkle City Comics!?!?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=380471582769

Well, Sparkle City is the only decent auctions for golden age on ebay. My bid history is probably 100% with them for the last year or so as well. I don't even look at anything else on ebay anymore.

Could be a big collector who usually deals with Heritage etc branching out.

I agree with you. But odd, someone opens an acct and first purchase is a 71K and all his other bids are with SC only. Again, I agree, Sparkle City has been great!

one possibility is the uniqueness of Sparkle's offerings such as TEC 27, Action 1, Captain America Comics #1, etc...that bring in some deep pocketed collectors that normally don't bother with the junks on Ebay. I don't think it is unusual to see low feedback bidders on many of the big books...after all, how often do we see these books on Ebay?

I hope at least whoever shelled out that amount of money understands and cherishes the historical significance of this book.

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised to see this up for auction again within a year.

The bid history is interesting.

Wouldn't surprise me. :gossip:

I hope at least whoever shelled out that amount of money understands and cherishes the historical significance of this book.

Was somebody outbid? :baiting:

Good looking 3.0 though, guess the tape pulled the grade down. How did the 3.0 that sold for 19K look?

Early Action prices seem a bit crazy at times, but given the provenance, I can see why someone might pay what I'm guessing is around 5.0 FMV for this copy if they are buying the book, not the label, as I would think condition is a secondary consideration for a book like this.

:slapfight::hi:

I was never in the running unfortunately. Wayyyyyy too high a price for me on this one. :cry:

Was somebody outbid? :baiting:

Good looking 3.0 though, guess the tape pulled the grade down. How did the 3.0 that sold for 19K look?

Early Action prices seem a bit crazy at times, but given the provenance, I can see why someone might pay what I'm guessing is around 5.0 FMV for this copy if they are buying the book, not the label, as I would think condition is a secondary consideration for a book like this.

:slapfight::hi:

I was never in the running unfortunately. Wayyyyyy too high a price for me on this one. :cry:

Seems like every time I look at closing auctions these days, I find myself singing a little ditty.