• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's bidding on this??

54 posts in this topic

Here's the $7100 repro cover

KGrHqNl8FP-T0KRjBQUTNqOKUg60_57JPG.jpg

Here's what it should look like:

092811r-016JPG_2.jpg

Are you sure that the first isn't a variant cover? After all, it's tough to believe that an exact copy of everything but the price was somehow made. Why would a counterfeiter go to all the trouble to alter the look of the price and thus make it possible to detect the counterfeiting at a glance? That just doesn't make any sense.

???

092811r-016JPG_2.jpg

Are you sure that the first isn't a variant cover? After all, it's tough to believe that an exact copy of everything but the price was somehow made. Why would a counterfeiter go to all the trouble to alter the look of the price and thus make it possible to detect the counterfeiting at a glance? That just doesn't make any sense.

???

Could that be the first SA price variant? :gossip:

See if there is any type of lineage to the book before everyone storms the castle with pitchforks and torches. Perhaps the seller himself bought it under the belief that it is authentic and was trying to flip it or decided that he did not want it anymore...

Something like that recently happened to me. I thought I bought something that was authentic and a year later I decided I didn't want it anymore and it turned out to be a repro.

Perhaps you missed the part when he went on and on about how meticulously he has cared for this book while keeping it in a stamp collecting book for years and years and years while other kids read theirs and ruined them :eyeroll:

Really??? You wanna give this guy the benefit of the doubt??? :facepalm:

+1, thanks for posting my exact thoughts.

Again... I did miss that.

Too late, now YOU get the pitchforks and torches :baiting:

That would be two weeks in a row.

:whistle:

not even close to a board record

That actually alarms me.

092811r-016JPG_2.jpg

???

I wouldn't exactly call it a price variant, they're both 12 cents

092811r-016JPG_2.jpg

???

As suggested, I dug my copy out... the inking on cyclops is also wrong. Take a look at the lines on his uniform as well as the lines defining iceman's limbs.

092811r-016JPG_2.jpg

???

As suggested, I dug my copy out... the inking on cyclops is also wrong. Take a look at the lines on his uniform as well as the lines defining iceman's limbs.

Look at Angel's wing and the bottom of the letter X.