• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circle 8

11 posts in this topic

Calling Captain Tripps.

As an Atlas collector, I have ten or so that I bought from PCE many years ago. I have also bought a few more over the past year from Heritage. I have seen listed a few Silver-Age Marvel's from time to time, but not many.

Hi Murph,

I know very little about Circle 8's, but there are currently 31 of them listed on Comiclink right now.

Do an advanced search, then under "Item Grading Comment", type in Circle 8.

Quite a few raw prehero Atlas JIM's, and other goodies. Unfortunately only a few of the listings have scans and are for CGC'd books.

Hope this helps you get started.

-Jim

I should have prefaced this with that I was interested in the Marvels. I've seen a fair amount of the other stuff. That gorgeous ASM Annual 1 that Heritage had gone me wondering what the rest of the early S.A. Marvels were like and where they were.

Brian

It's a pedigree collection, the name comes from the OO's writing and circling of numbers on the books most of the time that number being 8.

Have you seen one of these written circle 8's on a book before? I've seen about two dozen circle 8 books without seeing any writing yet.