• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "TRUTH" about CAF

258 posts in this topic

The fact is when anyone pays for a product or service they are entitled to receive that product or service, if their was no payment then fair enough to some extent, in this case a membership fee was paid, if everything was on the up and up this member should have been notified of any concerns and given the opportunity to reply, then if the reply was not satisfactory the balance of his payment should have been returned with notice that he was no longer a member.

there

I'm pretty sure I'm NOT in the CAF cabal, that free almonds things sounds pretty cool though, hm I wonder how they pull that off. Some people baffle me though I must say. For example CGC could pull down the entire Chat Boards, 10 years of information about everything comics and a lot of things not comics and that would be their right.

That said CAF is a tad different in that there is a fee, or course you can still join and not pay for premium membership.

Still to come on here with the very decided soap box of there are a cabal of people who I shall not name who pulled someone's CAF, that I shall also not name and then did all this other stuff, that I shall not furnish details about and those people are at the root of every conspiracy theory on the net, hmm that's a little, well its a tad weak really, in bad taste really. Its like you came out guns a blazing with NO BULLETS. :makepoint:

So I am left to consider the possibilities posed here by Malvin and Chris (two guys I have to say I think are pretty stand up BASED ON WHAT I HAVE OBSERVED over years, not some conjecture BS with vague finger pointing and no context mind you.

So Exhibit A: Someone posts items that depict Nazis brutalizing minorities on CAF. I gotta tell ya I'd probably pull those down too, I mean c'mon. Grab a sheet with a pointy hat and draw on it, call it art and parade around times square if you want some attention. Probably get beat up by minorities though.

In this case I'd refund their money too because frankly I wouldn't want a nickle from such a person.

Exhibit B: If its Captain lightbox, then I'd pull he account too. Hey they are scamming people who paid me money to join my site, I know there is a disclaimer, but I just see that as the right thing to do. You know what in the tradition of a cabal I wouldn't give them back a red cent either because they were trying to scam other people out of money so serves them right.

I still think you came out guns ablaze with No Bullets though. Scott I know no feeding, but can we shoot the Troll or force feed it a light boxed Krazy Kat Sunday???

Can someone post some cool non-light boxed, non- Nazi themed art now, this thread has kind of depressed me.

2c

I'm pretty sure I'm NOT in the CAF cabal, that free almonds things sounds pretty cool though, hm I wonder how they pull that off. Some people baffle me though I must say. For example CGC could pull down the entire Chat Boards, 10 years of information about everything comics and a lot of things not comics and that would be there right.

That said CAF is a tad different in that there is a fee, or course you can still join and not pay for premium membership.

Still to come on here with the very decided soap box of there are a cabal of people who I shall not name who pulled someone's CAF, that I shall also not name and then did all this other stuff, that I shall not furnish details about and those people are at the root of every conspiracy theory on the net, hmm that's a little, well its a tad weak really, in bad taste really. Its like you came out guns a blazing with NO BULLETS. :makepoint:

So I am left to consider the possibilities posed here by Malvin and Chris (two guys I have to say I think are pretty stand up BASED ON WHAT I HAVE OBSERVED over years, not some conjecture BS with vague finger pointing and no context mind you.

So Exhibit A: Someone posts items that depict Nazis brutalizing minorities on CAF. I gotta tell ya I'd probably pull those down too, I mean c'mon. Grab a sheet with a pointy hat and draw on it, call it art and parade around times square if you want some attention. Probably get beat up by minorities though.

In this case I'd refund their money too because frankly I wouldn't want a nickle from such a person.

Exhibit B: If its Captain lightbox, then I'd pull he account too. Hey they are scamming people who paid me money to join my site, I know there is a disclaimer, but I just see that as the right thing to do. You know what in the tradition of a cabal I wouldn't give them back a red cent either because they were trying to scam other people out of money so serves them right.

I still think you came out guns ablaze with No Bullets though. Scott I know no feeding, but can we shoot the Troll or force feed it a light boxed Krazy Kat Sunday???

Can someone post some cool non-light boxed, non- Nazi themed art now, this thread has kind of depressed me.

2c

their

I'm pretty sure I'm NOT in the CAF cabal, that free almonds things sounds pretty cool though, hm I wonder how they pull that off. Some people baffle me though I must say. For example CGC could pull down the entire Chat Boards, 10 years of information about everything comics and a lot of things not comics and that would be there right.

2c

their

Damn you beat me to it lol,

2c

their

Hey PT should you not be reading war comics instead of pointing out my lack of grammar skills :facepalm::blush: Darn it I knew I should have paid [sic] more attention in 3rd grade to my teachers and there [sic] constant whining over the usage of certain words in possessive context. So ashamed.

2c

their

Hey PT should you not be reading war comics instead of pointing out my lack of grammar skills :facepalm::blush: Darn it I knew I should have paid [sic] more attention in 3rd grade to my teachers and there [sic] constant whining over the usage of certain words in possessive context. So ashamed.

There concerned about everyone's grammar skilz

2c

their

There concerned about everyone's grammar skilz

I was schooled in Canada too :sorry::tonofbricks:

I have no knowledge regarding Nazi postings, however “if” the person was a “paid” member then they should have been contacted by caf and the concerns should have been brought to that persons attention and they should have been given right of reply, after being made aware of the concerns of others regarding the postings the member might of just pulled the images and stayed a “valued” member of caf, instead of just being bared.

I was not aware that art on caf could only be posted if it gave a detailed history of it’s creation followed with a detailed description of the medium used, example: print, light box art, oil painting, water color, these details would have to be at the discretion of the member posting the art, or have I missed reading this in some “official” caf document/condition?

Ah, so you are Vince Greck and/or Richard Rae then (who actually likely are 2 different people, but one (*ahem* Vince) does what Rae instructs)

I don't think it needs to be documented that you can't knowingly hide information when selling something in order to get an (improper) higher value for art. In fact, when people point it out, you can't delete and ignore that information.

finally, you can't take art from other members gallery and say its for sale. Does that really need to be written down for you?

Malvin

Keeping money paid up-front for a service then having that service taken away from you FOR WHATEVER REASON means that a part-refund is required, that is my understanding of how “honest” business works, baring the member and keeping his fee is I believe theft, also common decency requires that a transparent reason be given to simply show that the member was not forced out by caf member bullying.

Keeping money paid up-front for a service then having that service taken away from you FOR WHATEVER REASON means that a part-refund is required, that is my understanding of how “honest” business works, baring the member and keeping his fee is I believe theft, also common decency requires that a transparent reason be given to simply show that the member was not forced out by caf member bullying.

Dear Captain Australia,

from Websters:

Definition of HONEST

1 a : free from fraud or deception : legitimate, truthful

b : genuine, real

2 a : reputable, respectable

3 a : creditable, praiseworthy

4 a : marked by integrity

see how that works?

respectfully,

ucleben

When you commit fraud by trying to sell art owned by others or misrepresent artwork as being drawn by a particular artist which changes the value by 100 times then you have broken the CAF agreement when you had signed up with CAF. They are then free to suspend you account and don't have to refund your money.

You should read everything you agree to:

http://www.comicartfans.com/signup.asp

Great idea to start the caf site, however having started it the management have an obligation to it’s members as well as the viewing public, as does free to air TV or Radio, it is a great site that has helped many collectors and fans of comic art, it also has benefited a selected small group enabling them to monopolise “parts” of the original comic art industry for their own benefit.