• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil #1 NM

74 posts in this topic

That book looks like it was previously slabbed.

If you look at the back cover top edge, you can see the indentation that the slight contact with the inner well makes.

Is it true that slabbing may actually damage a comic as shown? About how many times have you seen this?

It is a sad truth. I have seen it many times over the years and still own many books injured this way.

He posts his eBay name with the book he purchased in the history. Thankfully majority of the comic book scammers are operating with very low IQ. Also, this is why I purchase slabbed books.

I like slabbed books too, but I also like purchasing raw books. Don't think for a minute you can't find nice raw, unrestored, books on here. We have many a reputable raw dealer here that stand behind the books they sell.

Bob Storm's, Dale Robert's, Bedrock, FT, just to name a few.

That book looks like it was previously slabbed.

If you look at the back cover top edge, you can see the indentation that the slight contact with the inner well makes.

Is it true that slabbing may actually damage a comic as shown? About how many times have you seen this?

Very interesting aspect of this story. Hadn't seen that before or maybe just hadn't noticed it.

if you live close enough (Tucson, AZ or San Diego, CA) to me.

Doesn't bijoubaby operate out of SoCal?

Yep. I have an address from some time ago...back when they were using aram321 and cdpaoli i.d.s...I wanna say Murrietta CA was last address...which is east of Orange County between Lake Elsinore and Temecula...

It appears to be this book from all_things_comics, previously bijoubaby

Recent Daredevil #1 purchase by welivecarpediem

Auction description:

The winning bidder will receive this absolutely stunning Daredevil #1 featuring the first appearance of Daredevil. I am giving this comic a grade of NM- 9.2 because it looks absolutely amazing! Please look at the pictures and judge for yourself. There is some color touch, a few tiny tear seals, and I believe the cover has been cleaned. It was very professionally done and is really hard to spot. The cover is super bright. The spine is very tight and looks excellent and all four corners are sharp. This comic has the look and feel of an extremely high grade comic. The comic is 100% complete. Both staples are firmly attached.

Hmm, interesting that the winner of that Book did not leave feedback. Pretty sure most people would leave feedback on an 1000 EBAY purchase. Low feedback winner as well. At least the listing details the restoration, funny that was not replicated in the OP listing of the book on the premier comics chat board in the world. doh!

Again the combined knowledge on the CGC forums is quite staggering and it warms my heart when it is used to highlight shady dealings. :golfclap:

It appears to be this book from all_things_comics, previously bijoubaby

Recent Daredevil #1 purchase by welivecarpediem

Auction description:

The winning bidder will receive this absolutely stunning Daredevil #1 featuring the first appearance of Daredevil. I am giving this comic a grade of NM- 9.2 because it looks absolutely amazing! Please look at the pictures and judge for yourself. There is some color touch, a few tiny tear seals, and I believe the cover has been cleaned. It was very professionally done and is really hard to spot. The cover is super bright. The spine is very tight and looks excellent and all four corners are sharp. This comic has the look and feel of an extremely high grade comic. The comic is 100% complete. Both staples are firmly attached.

Hmm, interesting that the winner of that Book did not leave feedback. Pretty sure most people would leave feedback on an 1000 EBAY purchase. Low feedback winner as well. At least the listing details the restoration, funny that was not replicated in the OP listing of the book on the premier comics chat board in the world. doh!

Again the combined knowledge on the CGC forums is quite staggering and it warms my heart when it is used to highlight shady dealings. :golfclap:

Feedback would leave too many electronic crumbs that could tip off a buyer when you are trying to flip a book purchased from a known shady seller for $4k profit.

Also note that all_things_comics will not leave feedback for buyers before he receives it, likely because:

1. He does not want to create a data trail if the buyer does not initiate it

2. Many buyers perceive that the seller has some leverage and will not otherwise leave negative feedback or poor DSRs if they have not rec'd feedback from the seller (probably a carryover from when sellers could leave negs)

I do find it interesting that he is still doing the $9 grab bags to build feedback, when it would be easy to neg bomb those listings hm

I try to link these threads/information when I can so don't forget to beware comix_code as well...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5959771&fpart=1

:gossip: oh and btw...this thread is officially hi-jacked! :insane:

And this one...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5832397&fpart=1