• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLORIDA SUPERCON : JULY 4-7, 2013 : MIAMI, FL.

145 posts in this topic

Mark: congrats on the Iron Man cover... I'll have to show you the IM 150 recreation Bob did for me, with silver age (fin head) Iron Man. Bob was simply an awesome guest

Sufunk: sorry to hear. Like I mentioned earlier, we had no concept the growth would be so explosive. That being said, after five years at the MACC, it looks like its time to move on to a bigger facility

Zosocane: the fairgrounds isn't a real option The space isn't adequate and the parking isn't really any better than what we just had.

Rick: We have been in a convention center for the last 5 years. We have not been a "hotel" show since 2008. The fact that there happens to be a hotel next door doesn't make it s hotel show. That being said, we need to move to a BIGGER convention center. As for the Tampa show, I have nothing but the best wishes for them (and saw they did a kick job handing out flyers to our attendees all weekend)... But the simple fact is that we are the 3rd largest genre convention in the South East U.S. (behind Dragon and Mega). I'm sorry that you've not chosen to be a part of that growth

Sufunk: I disagree with your assessment of buyers in the room. Several have already confirmed and made commitments for next year

Supercon Mike:

I'm pleased to read you are seriously looking at larger venues next year. Miami Beach Convention Center would be a terrific choice for several reasons. Among them, I think you can attract a lot of international (LatAm and European) attendees if you keep it within Miami.

Congratulations and I wish you continued success.

Mark: congrats on the Iron Man cover... I'll have to show you the IM 150 recreation Bob did for me, with silver age (fin head) Iron Man. Bob was simply an awesome guest

Thanks Mike! Let's get together so I can see the 150 cover! Would be great

Awesome show Mike!