• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLORIDA SUPERCON : JULY 4-7, 2013 : MIAMI, FL.

145 posts in this topic

Here's a sneak peak at the Allen Bellman program guide cover for Florida Supercon 2013. Allen Bellman (Pencils), Adelso Corona (Inker), Juan Fernandez (Color Artist). It will also be available as a print at the show!

1016164_10151575063078512_1712881272_n.jpg

Florida Supercon 2013 - Program Guide cover #1. Adventure Time!

Photo Credit: iM Photography. Models: Vertigo Vendetta, Alexia Jean Grey, Jenny Lorenzo, Heather1337, ZipperTan, Kimkashi, Jennifer St. Pierre and Veron.

998378_10151575519058512_2094175136_n.jpg

The FSC charity Art and Celebrity Memorabliia auction will feature art and one of a kind items from many of our special guests, as well as some items from the FSC archives with 100% of the proceeds benifiting Kids in Distress. Friday July 5, 7:45pm - 8:45pm in the MACC 2 BALLROOM.

Kid's in Distress is the official charity of Florida Supercon 2013. Kid's in Distress, http://www.kidinc.org/, https://www.facebook.com/KidsInDistress, is a local organization dedicated to preventing child abuse, preserving the family and treating children who have been abused and neglected, with a vision of safe and healthy children in loving families. This years theme for Kids in Distress has been Superheroes... so it seems like a natural fit... except these guys and gals are the real Superheroes!

In 2012, Kids in Distress highlights included:

* 218 abused children find safe haven at KID's Emergency Shelter

* 506 boys and girls embraced through KID Foster Care

* 152 little learners nurtured at KID Preschool Plus

* 3,531 healthy new smiles created at KID Dental Health Center

* 1,102 children step toward better mental health at our Family Counseling Center

* 4,103 children and adults helped thru KID FIRST, Healthy Start and Healthy Families

* 152 children spend safe, supervised time with their non-custodial parents though KID's Visitation Program

*319 adults and children relied on Family Reunification Services for help

* 85 families at imminent risk are kept together through KID Home Builders

Here's a sneak peek at 2 pieces of original art from special guest George Perez that will be up for auction.

perezworldsfinest.jpg

perezusagi.jpg

Im very bummed that after setting up for all 7 prior Supercons, since the show was in its infancy, I had to miss this one. Now that it is a major freaking monster I miss it, but will absolutely be there for next years event. I assume to top this year Mike will be bringing in actual aliens from mars as well as the space shuttle as a jungle gym for the middle of the con floor.

Saturday was absolutely packed -- hotel had no parking left. I would expect audience size for 2014 to continue multiplying and wonder whether a larger venue might be needed for the future.

Saturday was absolutely packed -- hotel had no parking left. I would expect audience size for 2014 to continue multiplying and wonder whether a larger venue might be needed for the future.

I was at the show briefly today and would have stayed longer but it was so crowded it was uncomfortable getting around. It looks like it has become a very successful show for the promoter. The venue is no longer adequate, took me over an hour to find a place to park and was lucky to find the one I did. A local store owner took pity on my family and allowed us to park on his property.

In all honesty, I must have talked to 20 people who wanted to go to the show walking to the facility but decided to turn around when they saw the line that wrapped around the building for ticket purchases. If you had purchased tickets in advance it was easy to get them and into the building. Actually purchased a few books from Greg Reece just before leaving. I would come back, but not on Saturday.

If I had any suggestions it would be a larger center and wider aisles.