• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink September Auction....

176 posts in this topic

Anyone here pick up that 9.6 Brave and the Bold #85. Very astounded at the final gavel price of $1,655. I guess this would make it the most valuable of the of the Adams BBs. No doubt the upcoming Green Arrow TV series is fueling a little speculative interest.

$605 (it is easily searchable anyway). I saw comps in the $800s so I am pretty happy. I never see any copies in the 7.5-8.0 range with decent PQ, so I have targetted this book since it went on the preview.
I was actually going to go for it but im happy i didnt because youre a fellow boardie. All my spideys under 18 are 8.0 ow/w it would of fit perfect. I decided to back off though because I'd be stretched too far for the month. Great book/pick up.

Anyone here pick up that 9.6 Brave and the Bold #85. Very astounded at the final gavel price of $1,655. I guess this would make it the most valuable of the of the Adams BBs. No doubt the upcoming Green Arrow TV series is fueling a little speculative interest.

Why are you astounded at the price? (shrug) They have been selling for anywhere between $1300 and $2300 for years. I thought it would go higher given that it presents very well and has white pages.

Why are you astounded at the price? (shrug) They have been selling for anywhere between $1300 and $2300 for years. I thought it would go higher given that it presents very well and has white pages.

Really? I didn't know GA would generate that much interest. Wow.

these focused auctions are the isle of misfit toys: every miswrapped, common POS dumped here. i bid on two books. whoop de doo.

Yes but then a gem like this pops up. White pages and no miswrap as many of these have. I've been holding out for a well centered copy for a while now :banana:

BB93.jpg

Really? I didn't know GA would generate that much interest. Wow.

Adams art, Batman, relatively tough in grade... what's not to like :cloud9:

these focused auctions are the isle of misfit toys: every miswrapped, common POS dumped here. i bid on two books. whoop de doo.

Yes but then a gem like this pops up. White pages and no miswrap as many of these have. I've been holding out for a well centered copy for a while now :banana:

BB93.jpg

Well, that's certainly better than the crappy 9.0 I've got. :)

BB93.jpg

That book is still on my to buy list...

BB93.jpg

and a good price. nice score.

I had a question about Comic Links auctions, not sure if this is the place to ask it or not, but there are a couple of books I'm interested in going off tomorrow, so here goes.

CL's policy is that there's no returns on CGC books and if you have any questions to contact them first before buying. About 4 days ago I e-mailed them and asked them a simple question about 3 books I was interested (regarding the presence of date stamps) and haven't heard anything back.

Do they actually answer questions about books and mine just lost in the shuffle?

Or do they basically ignore questions and it's buy at your own risk?

My first win in almost 3 months. A modest upgrade from my OW/W 9.0. Paid a cheaper price too.

RAD98CF3201296_92848.jpg

Yea, that's a nice one. I picked up a 9.4WP a while back for a decent price as well. I love that cover.