• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15

20 posts in this topic

Hard to tell if that's water damage from the smaller scans.

If slight water damage along the back bottom: 3.0/3.5

If it's dry and just some soiling: 4.0

Aces- Who's not afraid to go first grading keys with small scans! :sumo:

Hard to tell if that's water damage from the smaller scans.

If slight water damage along the back bottom: 3.0/3.5

If it's dry and just some soiling: 4.0

Aces- Who's not afraid to go first grading keys with small scans! :sumo:

It looked like moisture damage when I seen it.

The stuff going on on the right side isn't just chipping, so while chipping is a printing defect, there's still heavy color-break and slight tearing.

It also looks like the top of the book has been colored in with marker right above the second 'A'.

The stuff going on on the right side isn't just chipping, so while chipping is a printing defect, there's still heavy color-break and slight tearing.

It also looks like the top of the book has been colored in with marker right above the second 'A'.

I agree, that's either marker or mould above the second 'a', regardless of how long it's been in the attic. 2.5/3.0 purple.

With that amount of chipping I'd call it a 2.5, but CGC is probably more lenient with Marvel chipping.

As a 3rd party independent grading service, should it be lenient on anything at all.

Whether that be Marvel chipping or glue on golden age books etc.

Imo if a company is not being impartial no matter what age the book or printing process then why bother with slabs at all ?

As for the book itself, I really couldn't go higher than a 2.0-2.5, those are large chunks missing out of the r/h side.