• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC submission anxiety

46 posts in this topic

If you are worried about subbing your books domestically, imagine how us foreigners feel when we have to ship transatlantic.

Bouble boxing is an absolute minimum. I usually sub in sets of 10 books.

The sub is split into 3 small packages (3 books, 3 books and 4 books). Each book is separated by thick corrugated card. Each small pack of 3/4 is surrounded by about an acre of bubble wrap, then placed into a small box, and then placed into a larger box filled with packing peanuts. It probably doubles the weight (And shipping cost) of each sub but at least I'm 65% certain that CGC will receive my books undamaged.

I hope my over-exuberance in packaging isn't contributing to the lengthy turnaround times for everyone else.

If you are worried about subbing your books domestically, imagine how us foreigners feel when we have to ship transatlantic.

Bouble boxing is an absolute minimum. I usually sub in sets of 10 books.

The sub is split into 3 small packages (3 books, 3 books and 4 books). Each book is separated by thick corrugated card. Each small pack of 3/4 is surrounded by about an acre of bubble wrap, then placed into a small box, and then placed into a larger box filled with packing peanuts. It probably doubles the weight (And shipping cost) of each sub but at least I'm 65% certain that CGC will receive my books undamaged.

I hope my over-exuberance in packaging isn't contributing to the lengthy turnaround times for everyone else.

I'm pretty sure that the turnaround times are entirely your fault... :baiting:

Have you read the thread about the post office posting inaccurate information on their website?

or the thread where postal employees are selling boxes addressed to CGC out on the back dock for $20.00 each :cloud9:

Shipment is fully insured but still the thought makes me :sick:

Have you read the thread about the post office posting inaccurate information on their website?

or the thread where postal employees are selling boxes addressed to CGC out on the back dock for $20.00 each :cloud9:

Lot of good fully insured will do ya when the postal officials erase the package and insurance information out of their systems :devil:

Lot of good fully insured will do ya when the postal officials erase the package and insurance information out of their systems :devil:

That could never happen in America :ohnoez:

why do you think so many parcels disappear into the "dead-letter" zone, only to be auctioned off at a later date :D

why do you think so many parcels disappear into the "dead-letter" zone, only to be auctioned off at a later date :D

:o

That is another reason why the postal service is allowed to open any packages.... anything of value can mysteriously "disappear", while the drek is allowed to continue on..... :whistle:

That is another reason why the postal service is allowed to open any packages.... anything of value can mysteriously "disappear", while the drek is allowed to continue on..... :whistle:

I am preparing myself for the worst while hoping for the best. Anyone have horror stories or difficulty getting books to or back from CGC? I'd hate to think I'm alone in this.

First time ever submitting my books to CGC and mailing them USPS, not dropping them off at a show. Packed them at securely as they can be packed, insured for twice what I paid and I still have a feeling of dread about what may happen to them en route. Can anyone relate?

Why pay for insurance for twice their value? If something happens and you try to do a claim aren't you opening yourself up for possible insurance fraud?

I have wondered about this. Maybe a finance lawyer could let us know. As isn't the insurance cost proportional to the claimed value not the actual value? So the insurance company doesn't lose out unless their pricing formula takes into account money they could recoup from on selling of the damaged goods???

Also don't many investment banks take out insurance policies on things they do not own and at multiples of the underlying asset value??

I was nervous the first couple days but it went away once they got there. I just sent in another sub last week modern fast track. Sadly my second sub will come back before my first that was received on 8/17 :(

I hate this thread, for no other reason than i have never had an issue with shipping to CGC until i read this!

Sent some books in to be graded a few months ago.

One of them was a red holder book that i cracked in hopes of getting a better grade.

Well....that didnt happen.......went in as a 9.4.....came out as a 9.0

Also, the other books in that shipment all graded lower than what i expected.

I havent recieved them back yet, but i can only assume that happened while in shipment as i know how they looked leaving my hands.

Oh well....that is the chance we take when dealing with USPS!