• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your all time favourite cover

187 posts in this topic

I don't think I can narrow it down to just one, but one of the more recent ones I liked was Neal Adams' Daredevil #1 variant.

DD-1-Neal-Adams-variant.jpg

I had not seen that before...it's awesome. I hate to see his recent work denegrated just because ennui engorged fanboys are upset that a 70 year old man doesn't draw the same as when he was 35.

Again, I absolutely love that cover :cloud9:

I like this cover as well, but it seems to be really close to Joe Quesada's cover for the Marvel Knights Daredevil 1. Does anyone know if Adams meant to do that?

daredevil-1-1999-kevin-smith-marvel-knights-comic-book-807-p%5Bekm%5D199x300%5Bekm%5D.jpg

It might be a homage...if it is, Neal's blows the original out of the water IMHO.

+1

Adams may not be using quite the same technique now as in the 1970s, but he's still an excellent artist.

Is it just me or do a lot of the people in the crowd look familiar? looks like Jimmy Carter with Sonny Bono and Lucille Ball in the background.

Yup. Lots of famous people from the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_vs._Muhammad_Ali

If you do a forum search in the GA-SA and BA Forums you will find that about 4 years ago now?? There were a few survey's done on covers from each age. The Copper and Modern ages were not done. FFB and I undertook the BA one, I can't remember who did the rest. Basically there was a nominations phase; the covers nominated were posted and voting went on for a few weeks via PM. In the end I think we had around 150 votes in BA, or thereabouts. I know SA had more as they went next. These were the top 20 or 19 I don't know where the last book went.

They are NOT in order, Batman 227 was #1 by a pretty fair margin.

We posted the final 20 in order from 20 to 1 and the person who nominated the book first wrote a little text on why they thought the cover in question was one of the best BA covers of all time.

I think ASM 50 or SS 4 won the SA??? And WSF 29 :cloud9: the atomic age.

th_Action419.jpgth_ASM122.jpgth_ASpidey136.jpgth_Batman227.jpgth_Batman244.jpgth_Batman251.jpg

th_Conan24.jpgth_ConanKS1.jpgth_DC100Pg4.jpgth_DCSpecial6.jpgth_Defenders10.jpgth_DetectiveComics423.jpg

th_GL76.jpgth_GSX1.jpgth_HOS88.jpgth_HOS92.jpgth_Superman233.jpg

th_WW199.jpgth_X-Men141.jpg