• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your all time favourite cover

187 posts in this topic

Lots of sweet covers in here! (thumbs u

Most interesting to me are the reasons behind people's choices. For me, it's all about design and composition, almost exclusively. That's why I picked the three below. It's also why I love Infantino covers so much. Back in the day, he was all about composition, as he himself has explained on occasion.

crime_suspenstories_22.jpg

MIS90.jpg

1431684-moon_knight_25_super.jpg

Most interesting to me are the reasons behind people's choices. For me, it's all about design and composition, almost exclusively. That's why I picked the three below. It's also why I love Infantino covers so much. Back in the day, he was all about composition, as he himself has explained on occasion.

MIS90.jpg

....I totally forgot about MIS 90.....if that doesn't qualify, nothing does.GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

MIS90.jpg

....I totally forgot about MIS 90.....if that doesn't qualify, nothing does.GOD BLESS....

I love the cover MIS #90. It's one of a handful of DC books I still have in my collection. Great Choice.

No back story, I just adore this book. :cloud9:

tta35-1.jpg

...that is just a stunning 7.5......and Twin Cities.....no upgrading for me if that were my copy. GOD BLESS...

Well if no one else chooses just one why should I?

My favorite golden age cover artist is Alex Schomburg and All Select #1 has got to be one of his best:

11445232_1_x.jpg

My favorite silver age cover artist is Jim Steranko and you can't beat Captain America #111:

Jim_Steranko_Captain_America__111_cover.jpg

My favorite copper? age cover artist is Bill Sienkiewicz and you have to go with a Moon Knight for him. How about #24:

tumblr_m5hpk4dBVe1qbgo38o1_500.jpg

But probably my favorite cover of all time which doesn't fit any of the categories I collect and which I will never be able to afford is Fantastic Comics #3:

fancom3.jpg

Excellent picks, especially the last one.