• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your all time favourite cover

187 posts in this topic

Choosing a favorite cover is impossible for me. Any number of Warren mags, Savage Sword Of Conan mags, Heavy Metal mags, pre code horror mags, undergrounds, 80's alternatives, modern comics by great new artists, and so on to choose from. I really like this though.

091-will-eisner.jpg

I like a lot of Spirit covers. The artwork doesn't seem "Golden Age" to me. I think he was ahead of his time as far as illustration is concerned.

....wow Mike....where do you get all these 6.0 copies in 4.5 slabs ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ebay, way back when... :grin:

Thanks!

Do you remember if there was a specific time or a specific issue that made you say " Action is the run for me !" ? GOD BLESS...

....wow Mike....where do you get all these 6.0 copies in 4.5 slabs ? GOD BLESS....

Ebay, way back when... :grin:

Thanks!

Do you remember if there was a specific time or a specific issue that made you say " Action is the run for me !" ? GOD BLESS...

Yes. It was early December 2004. I saw an Action #29 CGC 4.0 on ebay. I told my wife that's what I wanted for Christmas. It was my first CGC book, and first Action. I got a #28 and #27 after that but, had to sell them all. I started the run again in 2005. Oh, and I replaced the #29 with this copy.

action29.jpg

saw this one when i 1st signed up for the site...finally got me a copy

Skulls in the eyes just makes it perfect

SS6.jpg

One of my favorites too, and I need to get one someday. Nice copy!

SS6.jpg

One of my favorites too, and I need to get one someday. Nice copy!

.....yeah, a book like that is worth selling off a few other awesome books to get. This one is a contender for me....GOD BLESS....

101_0335.jpg

SS6.jpg

Can't imagine how any kid would have passed this by on the newsstand for one thin dime.The cover really stands out above many other GA classics in my opinion.Simply amazing!!