• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your all time favourite cover

187 posts in this topic

saw this one when i 1st signed up for the site...finally got me a copy

Skulls in the eyes just makes it perfect

SS6.jpg

One of my favorites too, and I need to get one someday. Nice copy!

.....yeah, a book like that is worth selling off a few other awesome books to get. This one is a contender for me....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_0335.jpg

Gotta love those Wally Wood EC sci-fi covers!

Here's another top contender for my favorite cover. I'm not sure if this or Science 2 is my favorite Lou Fine cover, but it's close.

d0bf64c8.jpg

Well if no one else chooses just one why should I?

My favorite golden age cover artist is Alex Schomburg and All Select #1 has got to be one of his best:

11445232_1_x.jpg

My favorite silver age cover artist is Jim Steranko and you can't beat Captain America #111:

Jim_Steranko_Captain_America__111_cover.jpg

My favorite copper? age cover artist is Bill Sienkiewicz and you have to go with a Moon Knight for him. How about #24:

tumblr_m5hpk4dBVe1qbgo38o1_500.jpg

But probably my favorite cover of all time which doesn't fit any of the categories I collect and which I will never be able to afford is Fantastic Comics #3:

fancom3.jpg

My favorite copper? age cover artist is Bill Sienkiewicz and you have to go with a Moon Knight for him. How about #24:

I know this isn't from the copper age but I agree on Sienkiewicz being awesome, this is my favourite from him

inner+fury.jpg

I know this isn't from the copper age but I agree on Sienkiewicz being awesome, this is my favourite from him

inner+fury.jpg

Is that a on his head? lol

:screwy: too long a vacation me thinks.
Oakman was referencing a commission Sienkiewicz once did for a board member. I think some of us still expect to see the occasional hidden weenis when looking at Sienkiewicz's art.
Aaah, ignore this n00bs ignorance.

I'm glad this thread isn't a question with only one correct answer . . . Lots of very cool images on view here.

Let me raise the flag for Jack! (Beyond FF #72 which has already been offered, and is a brilliant piece.) However FF 49 gives us menace, drama, a brilliant combination of colors, and a truly unconventional presentation of the heroes. One of the greatest covers in a great run of books. Blew me away when I first saw it. I still love it.

FF49_front_8_0.jpg