• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Epic Reads

39 posts in this topic

Transmetropolitan

Y The Last Man

Preacher

Lucifer

Scalped

The Walking Dead - must read comic.

First series of Crossed - 18+ (the rest were too depraved to even be put into print tbh)

Akira

:applause:

Preacher

Y

Miracleman

Sandman

X-Men - Dark Phoenix Saga

Walking Dead

Watchmen

Ultimates (Vol 1 only)

Captain Britain - Crooked World (Only just read this and it's awesome)

Punisher - Welcome Back Frank

Daredevil - Born Again

Batman - Hush

Hitman

Akira
I was just going to mention that. I'm reading through it right now. I thought it would take forever but I'm breezing through it. The art is awesome and the story only slightly resembles that of the cartoon so if you've watched it already then you still won't know what's happening next in the comic. (thumbs u

A few that have not been mentioned:

Swamp Thing # 20-87 (Moore & Veitch)-- Moore's run still the cream of the crop in comic's reading for me. Recently re-read, still holds up wonderfully.

Animal Man # 1-32 (Morrison & MIlligan)-- Milligan's 6-parter has always been overlooked.

The Golden Age (James Robinson)

V for Vendetta

Legion (5 Years Later) # 1-36 (When the Earth is destroyed, I think)-- never understood everyone's hatred of this run.

Akira
I was just going to mention that. I'm reading through it right now. I thought it would take forever but I'm breezing through it. The art is awesome and the story only slightly resembles that of the cartoon so if you've watched it already then you still won't know what's happening next in the comic. (thumbs u

Lots of US comics has been recommended. The usual suspects Watchmen, Miller DD, Moore ST and so on.

All of them, masterpieces of the medium.

For those who want to venture on other kind of comic reading, after Akira you really should try Nausicaa.

If you saw the movie, you'll be blown away by the comic.

Sinestro Corps War/ Blackest Night (GEoff Johns is the reason i got back into comics after about a 5 year hiatus)

Just a Pilgrim (Garth Ennis was at his best with this and the art was great)

Anything Valiant through through and including the Unity series

The Death Mini's (Time of your life and The High Cost of Living)

Civil War (I know people hated it, but i just read the whole thing again and it really was pretty good....the Punisher/Captain America scene was amazing)

ASM One More Day / One Moment In Time (As much as i detest Joe Quesada and what he did to comics, this really was a great story....the aftermath, not so much)

Bone (Nuff Said)