• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Stan Lee ill?

17 posts in this topic

So what was the last con he attended? Was it Baltimore earlier this month? I remember when he first arrived at the signature booth, he just leaned over and put his head in his hands.

He looked exhausted as I am sure he is/was. I didn't know what to expect as I have not met him before but he was quiet and barely looked up from the books. On the other hand, Shatner was the same way...

Hope the man is ok!

He is 89 years old.

Precisely. He keeps up a schedule most people in their 30s would have a hard time keeping up with. Movies, conventions, traveling worldwide doing appearances, etc.

Perhaps Stan's finally understanding that greed for the allmighty dollar is not always "good" as per Gordon Gecco.

Stan needs to ease up in a big way.

His days of trapsing around like Super-Stan are finished IMO.

Z-StanLeeSlurpeeCup1a.jpg

Let's all pray the Grim Reaper gives us at least another 5 years with Stan The Man before he snatches him away from us! :cool:

So what was the last con he attended? Was it Baltimore earlier this month? I remember when he first arrived at the signature booth, he just leaned over and put his head in his hands.

He looked exhausted as I am sure he is/was. I didn't know what to expect as I have not met him before but he was quiet and barely looked up from the books. On the other hand, Shatner was the same way...

Hope the man is ok!

Stan was over at Comickaze this month.. Looked well to me when he was up on stage with McFarlene

He must love doing it and he can't be in it purely for the money. He was even over in Australia for a few days at a con earlier in the year and the personal meet and greet with him sold out super quick...

We all know he gets paid handsomely for his appearances, yet I'm certain the intrinsic value he receives meeting a new generation of "true believers" is immeasurable.