• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1

21 posts in this topic

Watched it twice the other day. Loved it, so i googled when part 2 comes out. Says winter 2013 :cry: but then i sayed well thats basically Dec of 2013 or do they mean Jan-March of 2013????? hm Think about that

i thought it was coming out in quarter 1 of 2013, so jan-mar sometime. i could be wrong though.

My response from the other DKR thread:

Just finished it. It wasn't bad. The animation was actually very good. Especially Gotham. I think there may have been some CGI shots of the buildings/towers and they really nailed it. The soundtrack was decent but sparse.

The things I didn't like:

The omission of Bruce's narration as far as his thoughts.

Gordon and Dent's voice. Acting was fine, but the voices didn't fit for me.

They also toned things down a bit and changed or omitted some classic lines from the book. Especially about the back door to the batmobile before the fight.

Overall, not bad. Will watch part 2 when its available.

i watched this on my iPad with earbuds. i don't normally notice but the sound effects, especially in the fight scenes were just bone crunching, snap, crackle and pop good.

i figured it would be a difficult book to translate on screen but they did a decent job.

but yeah, Gordans voice did suck.

My response from the other DKR thread:

Just finished it. It wasn't bad. The animation was actually very good. Especially Gotham. I think there may have been some CGI shots of the buildings/towers and they really nailed it. The soundtrack was decent but sparse.

The things I didn't like:

The omission of Bruce's narration as far as his thoughts.

Gordon and Dent's voice. Acting was fine, but the voices didn't fit for me.

They also toned things down a bit and changed or omitted some classic lines from the book. Especially about the back door to the batmobile before the fight.

Overall, not bad. Will watch part 2 when its available.

Agree! I also miss the inner voice narration of Batman. In particular: "Old enough that I need to use my legs to climb a rope" ETC

Did anyone look at the comic book rack in the convenient store when Gordon is attacked by the mutant?

Moore's Swamp Thing, Sandman, V for Vendetta and Crisis were a few that I saw on the shelf. Actually scans of the comic covers inserted into the shot.

Agree! I also miss the inner voice narration of Batman. In particular: "Old enough that I need to use my legs to climb a rope" ETC

i agree, the lack of narrative was the only big downfall with the movie. paticularly, for me, the opening sequence when he's racing the car and crashes it. it was still good though.