• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics General's Movie Subforum

619 posts in this topic

The movie Lincoln.

Just saw the new Lincoln movie. It was incredibly well done. Very tasteful.

I'm not up to speed on his bio and can't comment on whether it was accurate or not but man, I can say Daniel Day Lewis is a masterful thespian of our modern time.

He's going to get an Oscar nod for sure and possibly nail the Oscar itself. He was transformed and actually had me believing he was Lincoln. Every eye movement, every facial twitch, every breath he took. What a phenomenal actor.

The imagery/cinematography was beautiful. Really touching at times, especially the way they lay him on the bed after he was shot. Just magnificent and really made you weep for the guy (I got teary eyed in the theatre).

Go see it.

I have to agree about Lincoln. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

I liked it, but I must have waited a full hour, before I realized that the Vampires weren't coming out... :(

I liked it, but I must have waited a full hour, before I realized that the Vampires weren't coming out... :(

The vampires were there, they just didn't show their teeth in this version.

I liked the prequel to this where Lincoln killed that crazy Preacher with a bowling pin..that was pimp!

I liked the prequel to this where Lincoln killed that crazy Preacher with a bowling pin..that was pimp!

:applause: