• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics General's Movie Subforum

619 posts in this topic

But Kevin Feige, (President of Marvel Studios) had this to say; essentially downplaying the ethnic background angle.

Kingsley is not, of course, Chinese, but Feige says they wanted to blur the background of this version of The Mandarin. “It’s less about his specific ethnicity than the symbolism of various cultures and iconography that he perverts for his own end,” Feige says. From his samurai hair, to his royal robe, to his bin Laden-esque beard, and the AK-47 he keeps at his side, Kingsley’s interpretation is a hodgepodge of various warrior motifs.

(taking a deep breath) Somebody tell me that Mandy has rings that fire different things before my head explodes? Also, that wasn't him with a .45 in the teaser, was it? :facepalm:

Mandy ?

Is Barry Manilow the villain now ?

Cause thats not gonna work methinks.

Back in the day we had cute little pet names for our villains! You young whipper snappers these days need a good talking to about respect! :preach:

Gee,whaddya know,i'm a young 46-year-old whipper snapper.

Feels good.

:grin:

Oh and Gwyneth legs and shorts. :cloud9:

We should ask Chris Martin how they feel.

IM3 Plot Spoiler.

Seriously, don't read this if you don't want to know.

This is from Andrew Lawden who supposedly learned this information from viewing presentations made by Marvel to their corporate partners at a trade fair in Milan.

"There’s going to be a big fight sequence with The Mandarin, who’s the main villain, which will involve none other than forty different Iron Man suits. There’s an amazing rescue where The Mandarin basically wants to bring down the American government and kill the President, and he launches an attack on Air Force One. All of the President and his men and staff get sucked out of the plane and Iron Man rescues them by forming this amazing human chain in the sky.

The best thing of all is Iron Man himself, Tony Stark, has an upgrade, which they’ve taken the storyline from the comics where he has this sensory thing installed so that basically he can manipulate the suit more with his mind. He points his hand or his leg at various parts of the suit and the suit just flies onto him… It’s like a form of telekinesis.

There’s an amazing sequence where he has this rooftop house that he builds to store all his Iron Man suits and it gets attacked by The Mandarin and these gunships. Now they’ve released the exclusive last week in Italy I think it’s about to go online this week the teaser trailer. I don’t think it will be as long as the one I saw.

There are forty Iron Man suits written into this feature in various ways… he needs this Iron Man army to go up against The Mandarin’s forces."

Looks like my worst fears about an Iron Man suit army have come true.

Wow! When she walked across the screen in IM2 in those cut off shorts!!!

I was told she is not allowed to wear heels on the set because she can't be taller than RDJ, who wears lifts as well.

Personally, I would not mind looking up to her.

Supposedly, RDJ is 5'8" and GP is 5'9"

5' 6" stretching for 7"

:sumo:

Here's the official synopsis:

Marvel Studios’ Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

I'm concerned that those Hollywood devils altered Pepper's glowing auburn hair to Gwyneth's buttery blonde.

I'm glad you've finally come around (thumbs u

I think Pepper must have been modeled after Sophia Loren at the time.

500full.jpgtumblr_l0pysgnbyQ1qahtb1.jpg

I'm concerned that those Hollywood devils altered Pepper's glowing auburn hair to Gwyneth's buttery blonde.

I'm glad you've finally come around (thumbs u

I think Pepper must have been modeled after Sophia Loren at the time.

500full.jpgtumblr_l0pysgnbyQ1qahtb1.jpg

It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. I think Paltrow is doing a credible job in the role, even though she's certainly too tall for it.

Darker times ahead for IM. As I read the synopsis and watched the trailer I was reminded of the trials Bats went through in DKR. Then I was reminded of Miller and Moore and Morrisons' take on Bats in the eighties around suit making the man or the man making the suit.

All in all good stuff and good direction to take the franchise. Looking forward to this one.

Darker times ahead for IM. As I read the synopsis and watched the trailer I was reminded of the trials Bats went through in DKR. Then I was reminded of Miller and Moore and Morrisons' take on Bats in the eighties around suit making the man or the man making the suit.

All in all good stuff and good direction to take the franchise. Looking forward to this one.

That's what Iron Man needs, more darkening... :facepalm:

Ive always had a fondness for nerdy girls with glasses.

Case in point.Another Pepper.

http://archiecomics.wikia.com/wiki/Pepper

I talked to Chris Martin.He said those gams are as soft as a kitten just coming out of the dryer.

This Pepper has red hair.

dr-pepper-sexy-girl-31000.jpg