• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics General's Movie Subforum

619 posts in this topic

Darker times ahead for IM. As I read the synopsis and watched the trailer I was reminded of the trials Bats went through in DKR. Then I was reminded of Miller and Moore and Morrisons' take on Bats in the eighties around suit making the man or the man making the suit.

All in all good stuff and good direction to take the franchise. Looking forward to this one.

That's what Iron Man needs, more darkening... :facepalm:

Arts and entertainment have always reflected the world around us. Dark artistic expression is pretty commonplace, and a quick glance at the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time pretty much share themes such as massive death, war, and destruction. That's what our society wants because that is what we are surrounded by, what we desire and what we believe is what humanity is about. You can't argue with $11 billion in ticket sales.

To think that IM3 is using that as a template for it's franchise isn't that surprising at this point in our society.

When you have something that works, why is there always a desire to change it?

Deadliest Catch...I loved this show. You watch guys catching crab. Some pots they'd pull up and would be filled to the top. Some pots would have a single crab dangling to the side by his pincer. It was mindless and took you away from where you were. Then they started introducing drama. Making this guy fight with that guy. Bla bla bla. I have drama in my own life. I came here to watch people catching crab. F this show.

Swamp People...I loved this show. You watch guys catching gators. Sometimes they'd catch a big one, sometimes a little one. It was mindless and took you away from where you were. Then they started introducing drama. Making this guy fight with that guy. Bla bla bla. I have drama in my own life. I came here to watch people catching gators. F this show.

Pawn Stars...I loved this show. You watch people selling stuff. Some stuff was interesting. Some of it was junk. It was mindless and took you away from where you were. Then the people running the shop turned into asshats with condescending attitudes. "Here's my offer for your junk. Take it or leave it. I have other things to do." Bla bla bla. I have asshats in my own life. I came here to watch people selling stuff. F this show.

Iron Man...I loved this movie...

Well, we still have this...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27880-1328240216-106.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19567-1328239775-29.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19433-1328240030-33.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29936-1328240839-35.gif

:)

The fact that this is on television is proof that humanity is on the verge of extinction. :facepalm:

Darker times ahead for IM. As I read the synopsis and watched the trailer I was reminded of the trials Bats went through in DKR. Then I was reminded of Miller and Moore and Morrisons' take on Bats in the eighties around suit making the man or the man making the suit.

All in all good stuff and good direction to take the franchise. Looking forward to this one.

That's what Iron Man needs, more darkening... :facepalm:

Arts and entertainment have always reflected the world around us. Dark artistic expression is pretty commonplace, and a quick glance at the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time pretty much share themes such as massive death, war, and destruction. That's what our society wants because that is what we are surrounded by, what we desire and what we believe is what humanity is about. You can't argue with $11 billion in ticket sales.

To think that IM3 is using that as a template for it's franchise isn't that surprising at this point in our society.

I can't argue against a lot of what you say...but why not create something original then? Why take a character who for most of his career has not been "dark" and do that to him? It's lame and cliche IMHO.

Raiders! The Story of the Greatest Fan Film Ever Made

Fanboy enthusiasm on steroids.

The very best.Top of the tops.

I almost went to a showing one time at the George Eastman in Rochester,NY.

Austin's Alamo Drafthouse cinema of Aintitcool fame has had a few showings so far i believe.

Every time the audience goes berserk watching scene after scene coming up on the screen.Its basically a pilgrimage if you're a cinephile.

Since this took 7 years,the hero's voice matures as the film progresses and his kiss with "Marion " is actually his first kiss ever to a girl.And its on screen.

:applause:

:news:

hugh-jackman-the-wolverine.jpg

"The Wolverine" is not going to be a prequel. It is set after the events in "X-Men 3: The Last Stand."

LINK

Too tall.

Cries too much.

Not enough hair.