• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics General's Movie Subforum

619 posts in this topic

I'd go see this. (thumbs u

Heaven Sent

The film would combine a slew of magical beings from the DC Comics universe in an Avengers style assembly for adventure.

Deadman, The Spectre, Swamp Thing, Constantine Hellblazer, Phantom Stranger, Zatanna, Zatara, Sargon and Etrigan the Demon

Guillermo del Toro Plans 'Heaven Sent' with DC Comics Magical Beings

I know I'm in the minority, but I haven't liked any of the Spider-Man movies. They just don't seem to capture the character.

I think what most people liked about the comic book Spidey was that he's a smart-, bordering on overconfidence. In other words, your basic teenager. He overcomes his obstacles, but he's usually surprised and humbled in the process. This hasn't been captured effectively on screen (at least for me).

Heaven Sent

The film would combine a slew of magical beings from the DC Comics universe in an Avengers style assembly for adventure.

Deadman, The Spectre, Swamp Thing, Constantine Hellblazer, Phantom Stranger, Zatanna, Zatara, Sargon and Etrigan the Demon

They should put Dr Fate in it as well. That would be quite something.

Heaven Sent

They should put Dr Fate in it as well. That would be quite something.

Agree.

Until then, this is all there is:

Dr. Fate Fan Film on Youtube

:D

S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series

shield-tv-series.png

Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen are hard at work with Marvel developing the highly anticipated S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series. There no information on when we will see the first episode hit, but we do know now that production will start in January or 2013. Casting directors in Los Angeles and New York are holding auditions for series regulars, recurring roles and guest stars.

S.H.I.E.L.D. will be independent from The Avengers film, and people who haven’t seen the Marvel movies can jump right in and understand the storylines. There will generally be new characters and agents who are not superheroes, and even though they are a large organization, they will be underdogs since they still exist in that superhero universe. Clark Gregg is playing Agent Phil Coulson, the same role he has played in Iron Man I & II, Thor, and The Avengers. The series will center on his character. Screen Actors Guild Awards nominee Ming-Na Wen has been cast as Agent Melinda May, an ace pilot and weapons expert.