• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics General's Movie Subforum

619 posts in this topic

1) Why wasn't the original X-men in the First Class movie?

4) Who the heck is the Winter Soldier?

Are you serious?

Winter Soldier = Bucky

X-Men first class was a prequel to the 2000 X-Films not a reboot.

I'm thinking these questions were in jest.

1) Why wasn't the original X-men in the First Class movie?

4) Who the heck is the Winter Soldier?

Are you serious?

Winter Soldier = Bucky

X-Men first class was a prequel to the 2000 X-Films not a reboot.

I'm thinking these questions were in jest.

:gossip:I know it's Bucky.

If Marvel is planning on introducing the Vision, will we also see Wonder Man and the Reaper? :banana:

Grimreapermu0_zps5888a02d.png

My Fantastic Four re-boot....

1) Movie opens with an incredible fight between the FF and the Mad Thinkers android.

2) The Negative zone is discovered and Annihilus is discovered. Good chunk of film takes place there. They escape at the end.

3) Film closes with Namor kidnapping Sue. :grin:

Elysium Movie

This looks pretty good!

Neill Blomkamp's sci-fi action film.

Elysium stars Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley, Wagner Moura, Alice Braga, and William Fitchner.

August 9th release.

In the year 2159, two classes of people exist: the very wealthy, who live on a pristine man-made space station called Elysium, and the rest, who live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. The people of Earth are desperate to escape the planet’s crime and poverty, and they critically need the state-of-the-art medical care available on Elysium – but some in Elysium will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve their citizens’ luxurious lifestyle. The only man with the chance to bring equality to these worlds is Max (Matt Damon), an ordinary guy in desperate need to get to Elysium. With his life hanging in the balance, he reluctantly takes on a dangerous mission – one that pits him against Elysium’s Secretary Delacourt (Jodie Foster) and her hard-line forces – but if he succeeds, he could save not only his own life, but millions of people on Earth as well.

Elysium Movie

This looks pretty good!

Elysium stars Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley, Wagner Moura, Alice Braga, and William Fitchner.

August 9th release.

In the year 2159, two classes of people exist: the very wealthy, who live on a pristine man-made space station called Elysium, and the rest, who live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. The people of Earth are desperate to escape the planet’s crime and poverty, and they critically need the state-of-the-art medical care available on Elysium – but some in Elysium will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve their citizens’ luxurious lifestyle. The only man with the chance to bring equality to these worlds is Max (Matt Damon), an ordinary guy in desperate need to get to Elysium. With his life hanging in the balance, he reluctantly takes on a dangerous mission – one that pits him against Elysium’s Secretary Delacourt (Jodie Foster) and her hard-line forces – but if he succeeds, he could save not only his own life, but millions of people on Earth as well.

i've got my fingers crossed for this one; the summer has been one dud movie after another so far

Elysium Movie

This looks pretty good!

August 9th release.

i've got my fingers crossed for this one; the summer has been one dud movie after another so far

Me too. :wishluck:

The trailer is awesome...especially the "air burst bullet" taking out the robot in slo-mo.

But all too often these trailers are better than the movie.

Elysium Movie

This looks pretty good!

August 9th release.

Me too. :wishluck:

The trailer is awesome...especially the "air burst bullet" taking out the robot in slo-mo.

But all too often these trailers are better than the movie.

Aint that the truth. I'm optimistic about this one though. Can't wait to see it.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63548

"the fantastic four- year- olds" :roflmao:

It doesn`t surprise me.

Try to find shows on TV that aren`t about young adult`s angst.

It`s not just Hollywood, as a most human resources people will always pick the young adult over the middle-age adult when hiring.

It`s cheaper to train and pay someone younger, plus also someone older will question authority more.

Sometimes at a certain point in one`s 40s most adults will get the label that they are over the hill.

Hollywood is just reflecting what the majority of mainstream America thinks.

It does not sound good news for most 40 + comic book geezers, and even worse for the 50+geezers. :o