• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics General's Movie Subforum

619 posts in this topic

Elysium Movie

This looks pretty good!

Neill Blomkamp's sci-fi action film.

Elysium stars Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley, Wagner Moura, Alice Braga, and William Fitchner.

August 9th release.

In the year 2159, two classes of people exist: the very wealthy, who live on a pristine man-made space station called Elysium, and the rest, who live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. The people of Earth are desperate to escape the planet’s crime and poverty, and they critically need the state-of-the-art medical care available on Elysium – but some in Elysium will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve their citizens’ luxurious lifestyle. The only man with the chance to bring equality to these worlds is Max (Matt Damon), an ordinary guy in desperate need to get to Elysium. With his life hanging in the balance, he reluctantly takes on a dangerous mission – one that pits him against Elysium’s Secretary Delacourt (Jodie Foster) and her hard-line forces – but if he succeeds, he could save not only his own life, but millions of people on Earth as well.

i've got my fingers crossed for this one; the summer has been one dud movie after another so far

Me too. :wishluck:

The trailer is awesome...especially the "air burst bullet" taking out the robot in slo-mo.

But all too often these trailers are better than the movie.

Aint that the truth. I'm optimistic about this one though. Can't wait to see it.

blah reviews so far are meh. Am really excited for this one also.

Elysium Movie

This looks pretty good!

Elysium stars Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley, Wagner Moura, Alice Braga, and William Fitchner.

August 9th release.

In the year 2159, two classes of people exist: the very wealthy, who live on a pristine man-made space station called Elysium, and the rest, who live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. The people of Earth are desperate to escape the planet’s crime and poverty, and they critically need the state-of-the-art medical care available on Elysium – but some in Elysium will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve their citizens’ luxurious lifestyle. The only man with the chance to bring equality to these worlds is Max (Matt Damon), an ordinary guy in desperate need to get to Elysium. With his life hanging in the balance, he reluctantly takes on a dangerous mission – one that pits him against Elysium’s Secretary Delacourt (Jodie Foster) and her hard-line forces – but if he succeeds, he could save not only his own life, but millions of people on Earth as well.

i've got my fingers crossed for this one; the summer has been one dud movie after another so far

The trailer is awesome...especially the "air burst bullet" taking out the robot in slo-mo.

Aint that the truth. I'm optimistic about this one though. Can't wait to see it.

Yeah it's at about 50% on RT at the moment. Not great :eek:

I'm going to go by IGN's review and hope for the best.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/08/02/elysium-review

2 Guns with Denzel and Wahlberg.

Unbelievable how good a movie can be when someone does it right. Why can't they make all superhero movies this good?

I had no idea this came from a graphic novel until I watched the credits (I always stay for the credits out of respect for the creators of the film).

It was funny all the way through, well acted, well directed. I thought it was nearly flawless with only 2 things that I personally thought was far fetched.

1) the same lady with the same outfit walks out of the same bank on 2 different days - total blunder on that one.

2) Denzel and Wahlberg staking out a house in broad daylight right across the street and the guy doesn't see them. :facepalm:

Other than that, it was a real treat.

I think they may have a franchise on their hands ala Lethal Weapon.

[font:Book Antiqua]

I just finish watching G.I. JOE Retaliation

I enjoy the movie for what it is...

And yes...

The mountain fight its the best part...

[/font]

:applause: (thumbs u

I agree.

The Rock,Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow were awesome.

The special effects were kewl too.

I watched it twice. :cloud9:

I saw Oblivion, and it didn't`t do much for me. It was kind of bland. This is coming from a guy who thought Green Hornet and Lone Ranger were decent fun films.

Oblivion was one of those movies that got all dressed up, but it had no place to go.

Nope I will not be nominating Oblivion for an Oscar!

lol

Elysium Movie

This looks pretty good!

August 9th release.

Yeah it's at about 50% on RT at the moment. Not great :eek:

I'm going to go by IGN's review and hope for the best.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/08/02/elysium-review

Not the least bit interested in Blompkamp's second attempt to make me "feel guilt" over his far left vision of the now to tell a story of tomorrow.

I'll put the eight dollars into a charity bucket and skip the two hour sermonsplosions.

Just watched 2 Guns last night with the wife. Very entertaining! One of the few films where I enjoyed Denzel Washington. (I'm not a big Denzel fan.) Great twists and little more original buddy cop film than others I've seen.

Be sure to rate any movies at my site! www.filmigos.com!!

Unbelievable how good a movie can be when someone does it right. Why can't they make all superhero movies this good?

I had no idea this came from a graphic novel until I watched the credits (I always stay for the credits out of respect for the creators of the film).

It was funny all the way through, well acted, well directed. I thought it was nearly flawless with only 2 things that I personally thought was far fetched.

1) the same lady with the same outfit walks out of the same bank on 2 different days - total blunder on that one.

2) Denzel and Wahlberg staking out a house in broad daylight right across the street and the guy doesn't see them. :facepalm:

Grantland said W and W phoned it in and RT didn't rave about it, so it took Roy's review to get me in the seat.

And boy, what a fun movie. It's true that the plot is a bit silly, but the entire cast is awesome and the movie was great fun. I will watch it again and hope they make four more. Fantastic chemisty and screen presence.

The Conjuring was a great horror movie. Just out this year. Highly recommended. (thumbs u

I just saw it last night.

What did you think? (shrug)

I liked it. Usually horror movies aren't done very well - this one was.

It was like a cross between Poltergeist and The Exorcist.

Grantland said W and W phoned it in and RT didn't rave about it, so it took Roy's review to get me in the seat.

And boy, what a fun movie. It's true that the plot is a bit silly, but the entire cast is awesome and the movie was great fun. I will watch it again and hope they make four more. Fantastic chemisty and screen presence.

What would they call the sequel? 2 Guns 2?

Nice avatar change. :golfclap:

Nice avatar change. :golfclap:

I can't wait for tomorrow night!