• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I'll play - I think they'll cap it at less than 100.

i think he had the 200 before he actually managed to resell them. There is a big backlash playing out behind the scenes to all this. If he gets capped at 100, it will be in response to pressure from others.

I kind of assumed there would be.

I think it's great that Menace offered this service for people who aren't going to show, but once I saw the multi-orders streaming in, I had a feeling it was going to be iffy ... the CBLDF know that the book is going to be a hot property and makes no sense for them to presell a huge chunk of the entire print run to a small group of people before the show.

There's going to be butthurt either way. Personally, I don't see the problem selling them here(not all of them) instead of those that will attend the show and hoard/flip them. Not to mention $10 more per pook goes to a good cause. I don't get to go to cons often so I hope it all works out.

If not, oh well (shrug)

There's going to be butthurt either way. Personally, I don't see the problem selling them here(not all of them) instead of those that will attend the show and hoard/flip them. Not to mention $10 more per pook goes to a good cause. I don't get to go to cons often so I hope it all works out.

If not, oh well (shrug)

Well said

I saw a Shadowman #1 blackout cover at my LCS this past weekend. I was thinking later in the series if NWM did this for one issue to end an arc or something since they have all been all white. I almost bought it just because how cool the cover was.

I saw a Shadowman #1 blackout cover at my LCS this past weekend. I was thinking later in the series if NWM did this for one issue to end an arc or something since they have all been all white. I almost bought it just because how cool the cover was.

You should buy it if you havent read it yet. Excellent book so far

hi, just a newbie and will probably get slammed, but i feel the backlash this is causing is justified.

also, i was under the impression that the whole 30 was going to the charity, and i was kind of okay with it knowing more money was going to a good cause, but now i see that menace is also profiting handsomely of this. it just seems wrong to me.

maybe a lot of 100 should have been allowed with a limit of 1 and the whole 30 going to charity, i could be okay with that. but it was just a free for all with everyone buying multiples for a quick flip, and now it is screwing the people who might actually want to get one at the convention it was created for.

i just think this is bad ju ju all the way around, and i am kind of disgusted by the cbldf for allowing these books meant for a convention and charity to be backdoored like this for a quick buck. i like to buy comics and flip them just as much as anyone else, but this shouldn't have been allowed.

lol, i hope i didn't just make a bunch of enemies here with a controversial first post like this, but just wanted to speak my mind. i really do enjoy reading these boards and hope to contribute more in the future.

True CBT, thanks.

Guess well just wait and hope for the best..

I understand some people are disappointed that some ordered more than one but it doesn't appear they are attending in the first place. It does suck that not everyone can get one but that's no reason to complain till the service gets shut down :(

I believe most people are perfectly happy with Menace profiting off the work he is doing. He has connections and is putting in quite a bit of effort to provide a service for those not attending(most of the people interested in a copy it seems).

Edited by wushugushu

hi, just a newbie and will probably get slammed, but i feel the backlash this is causing is justified.

also, i was under the impression that the whole 30 was going to the charity, and i was kind of okay with it knowing more money was going to a good cause, but now i see that menace is also profiting handsomely of this. it just seems wrong to me.

maybe a lot of 100 should have been allowed with a limit of 1 and the whole 30 going to charity, i could be okay with that. but it was just a free for all with everyone buying multiples for a quick flip, and now it is screwing the people who might actually want to get one at the convention it was created for.

i just think this is bad ju ju all the way around, and i am kind of disgusted by the cbldf for allowing these books meant for a convention and charity to be backdoored like this for a quick buck. i like to buy comics and flip them just as much as anyone else, but this shouldn't have been allowed.

lol, i hope i didn't just make a bunch of enemies here with a controversial first post like this, but just wanted to speak my mind. i really do enjoy reading these boards and hope to contribute more in the future.

Menace is the one dealing with CBLDF, he's the one handling all the orders...he's the one mailing them all out...he's the one dragging them to ECCC to get signed....not everything is free, nor should it be.

Of course he will profit. At $10 a book and the work he is going to have to put into it, plus the chance to get the books before the full time flippers, its a more than fair price.

WTTBs

:gossip: sometimes you will get hell on here for just saying what you had for lunch. Speak your mind ...

Of course he will profit. At $10 a book and the work he is going to have to put into it, plus the chance to get the books before the full time flippers, its a more than fair price.

I have to say I agree.

I would have no problem buying 5 - 10 copies of Nowhere Men #1 CBLDF if all the money was going to the CBLDF. Its a charity book and all the profits should go to charity.

I don't think its ok that 1/3 of the price you are paying for the book on the boards is lining someone else's pockets.

I've let the CBLDF know how I feel about this and I'm sure nothing will happen.

But I would assume from now on when it comes to charity books like this there will not be third parties profitting from their sale before the book hits the market. 2c

the CBLDF know that the book is going to be a hot property and makes no sense for them to presell a huge chunk of the entire print run to a small group of people before the show.

it makes perfect sense for them to do so. They were going to be sold at the con for a 5 or 10 dollar donation. The books on here went for a 20 dollar donation.

Edited by darkstar

If you did all that work and had to create 200+ invoices and packages, should I expect you do it for free?

Before Menace opened his thread I was looking to pay someones admission to get some copies ha

Edited by wushugushu

with any charity drive there's administrative costs (menace)...the only people complaining would be those that didn't see the sale going on before the 200 hold. If he's told to scale back each order, fine by me, but otherwise I see no problem with CBLDF getting 2x what they would have normally received.

If you did all that work and had to create 200+ invoices and packages, would I expect you do it for free?

I would do it for free.

Maybe I'm biased because I regularly donate to CBLDF, but I don't like the idea of money being left on the table.

The CBLDF does a lot of good for creators and I don't like the idea of them losing out.

Agreed Krighton.

From what I see on here many of the complaints are coming from people that arent even going to WW.. It sucks to miss out but I know there will be other chances to grab them at a fair price

Edited by wushugushu