• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Here's an article to back up Ryan's point that Katchoo (sp?) had an issue with or something. Not really sure.

http://blog.comichron.com/2013/02/overall-print-comics-market-topped-700.html

I long for the days when we were arguing over Invincible 19. I guess I'm just old fashioned like that.

That doesn't really back up anything. I could use those same stats to back up the fact comic books are increasing in price.

Lolwut

You're on the Collectors Society forum and you're surprised that the discussion centers around the financial aspect of collecting comics? CGC exists to commoditize comics. I mean, you just typed that you came here to find out what your comics were worth so you could sell them and pay bills.

Buying, selling, trading and collecting comics is a part of the hobby that isn't going away. It's even encouraged by the publishers and creators. Why would you release an item limited to 500 if it wasn't to make it a 'hot' collectible? There's no other reason.

Most people here love comics and read them regularly. Otherwise, they would buy and sell stocks or flip houses or something.

Not really sure what your point is or if you even have one. Just because something isn't going away doesn't make it ok or mean that I have to feel awesome about it.

I felt so embarrassed in the Todd thread when people were asking Ken what the print run was and then basically rejoicing at how low it was. YUS! YOU'RE MAKING F ALL FROM YOUR COMIC BUT AT LEAST I CAN FLIP IT FOR PROFIT ON EBAY!

How is that in any way decent behaviour?

You're on the Collectors Society forum and you're surprised that the discussion centers around the financial aspect of collecting comics? CGC exists to commoditize comics. I mean, you just typed that you came here to find out what your comics were worth so you could sell them and pay bills.

Buying, selling, trading and collecting comics is a part of the hobby that isn't going away. It's even encouraged by the publishers and creators. Why would you release an item limited to 500 if it wasn't to make it a 'hot' collectible? There's no other reason.

Most people here love comics and read them regularly. Otherwise, they would buy and sell stocks or flip houses or something.

Not really sure what your point is or if you even have one. Just because something isn't going away doesn't make it ok or mean that I have to feel awesome about it.

I felt so embarrassed in the Todd thread when people were asking Ken what the print run was and then basically rejoicing at how low it was. YUS! YOU'RE MAKING F ALL FROM YOUR COMIC BUT AT LEAST I CAN FLIP IT FOR PROFIT ON EBAY!

How is that in any way decent behaviour?

Dude, you felt embarrassed? Because it was being asked about the print run? How is that in any way decent behaviour? Hand in your man card.