• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Here's an article to back up Ryan's point that Katchoo (sp?) had an issue with or something. Not really sure.

http://blog.comichron.com/2013/02/overall-print-comics-market-topped-700.html

I long for the days when we were arguing over Invincible 19. I guess I'm just old fashioned like that.

That doesn't really back up anything. I could use those same stats to back up the fact comic books are increasing in price.

I'm sure Nate Silver has something on this. I'll check and get back to you.

In the meantime, I'm going to go over here and headshot-suicide.gif

Any chance of a board exclusive pre sale? lol I kid I kid

As much as you kid this was going to be a goal after my sale.

One of the reasons I kept a wait list was to demonstrate the ability to sell books, promote books and in turn raise money for charities. Which we did and that is good. The end result will be good as well.

Here's an article to back up Ryan's point that Katchoo (sp?) had an issue with or something. Not really sure.

http://blog.comichron.com/2013/02/overall-print-comics-market-topped-700.html

I long for the days when we were arguing over Invincible 19. I guess I'm just old fashioned like that.

That doesn't really back up anything. I could use those same stats to back up the fact comic books are increasing in price.

I'm sure Nate Silver has something on this. I'll check and get back to you.

In the meantime, I'm going to go over here and headshot-suicide.gif

Oh I'm sorry. What I meant to say was: comic sales are up (in dollars, not units) by 12.4% from last year, while graphic novels are down 6% from last year therefore ...more people are reading comics. Perfect logic.

And really, you post a link to some stats and then have a go when someone comments on those stats? :facepalm:

Anyway, back on topic, I really hope the print run of Nowhere Men stays low. I was SO DISAPPOINTED when ES posted that sales were increasing. That sucks. I'd prefer if it decreased for a while, no 2nd or 3rd printings either, keep it limited! (Extra printings I suppose are good for the creators cos it means more sales and more people can jump on the book but they need to think about me and my re-selling!). I'm ok with sales and demand picking up at around #10 so I have at least 9 or 10 issues that I can sell for bucketloads but if it held out until near #30 and be a real sleeper like Sixth Gun that would be the best thing EVAR. I'm sure the creators will still get like $1000 to split between them each issue until then (but i'll make just as much flippin' when it gets dead popular LULZ).

MONIES!

:banana::whee:

Is that better? Can I join the gang now?

Um..hmm...I was just posting a link because Ryan said he didn't have any info to back up his opinion. I was not trying to say anybody was wrong or right, and I was definitely not trying to have a go with anyone.

Based on your attempt at comedic relief, I'll let somebody else more articulate than I am at the moment tell you why you aren't ready to join the gang just yet.

Good luck and keep up the good work, champ. (thumbs u

Edited by awakeintheashes

Katchoo. It's not needed. Really. You can be right if it makes you feel better. This forum is the collecting world as it is, not as you like it. It's not perfect, but we like it.

Collecting IS a win for everyone. Publishers, creators, LCS's, readers, flippers, speculators, toy sellers, movie producers, etc., etc., etc.