• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

How is image getting money for these? This only hurts the collectors.

If you don't know the answer, I don't need to explain it (exposure, hype, name recognition, readers, sales, market share, etc., etc., etc.)

You realize that image only gets the money from initial sales right? After its been covered on their end it starts to line others pockets. Gaining readership is one thing but these "speculators and flippers" reap the majority of these benefits.

How is image getting money for these? This only hurts the collectors.

If you don't know the answer, I don't need to explain it (exposure, hype, name recognition, readers, sales, market share, etc., etc., etc.)

You realize that image only gets the money from initial sales right? After its been covered on their end it starts to line others pockets. Gaining readership is one thing but these "speculators and flippers" reap the majority of these benefits.

Hype my friend. Makes folks like me want to put complete runs together or buy a t-shirt. Believe it or not every single sell a company makes creates potential for repeat biz. What every business owner wants.

Edited by Spacy

On the whole (Tim), I agree variants suck for collectors (we have to spend more money). However, creating something rare also creates demand. Demand creates interest. Interest generates readers. Readers generate sales. Sales cure all evils (while creating a whole batch of new ones).

Epic Fail Image Comics !

Too Many Variants ! How many more #1 variants are coming down the pipeline ? #1 has been out a couple of months and still have variants popping up. Epic FAIL !

But if they get paid why do they care...

Seems we can now call them little DC or little marvel gonna have a million covers.

These are giveaways to a supportive retail community. There's really no correlation with variant programs that encourage retailers to take greater risks by inflating their orders.

I suggest not buying them and sticking to just regular covers if you don't like variants. I don't collect every variant myself but this comicspro cover I actually like quite a bit.

Don't worry. I won't be sinking anymore money in NWM. Just not worth wasting money on it, nor stressing out about having them all either.

Im okay with more variants of other issues over the summer..

Just hope we dont end up getting a new #1 every month

I had a complete set up until these last two variants :sorry:

lol me too!

Ill have 1-3 + 1-2 2nd all in 9.8 but no TB yet :P

Hoping to find 9.6-9.8 graded TB

Now I must collect these new #1's lol

At least I should have some SS slabs from ECCC