• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

438 posts in this topic

I personally like the dynamic forces cover as it is my favorite page (3) of issue #1 as well!

It will make a great cover for re-marks and signatures then CGC SS slabs:)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Pony-FiM-Original-Comic-Art-Issue-1-Page-3-SPLASH-by-Andy-Price-/321026511386?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abeabd21a

I could understand why the comic is popular, but I am surprised the OA is going for those prices...

Hastings is sold out of everything here and the print run looked bad except for the few copies I picked up yesterday. They have nothing left not even regular covers.

LCS guy said people had been calling all day yesterday. I bet they are out too by now.

You better get ready to buy a bunch of the Hastings Variant for Issue #2, it will be the same story again. Plus I'm counting on you to get some so I can have one, I wish I still lived near a hastings lol.

I up and decided to collect 18 of the 19 covers for the first issue. So far, I've been very pleased with the quality of what I've gotten my hands on. The only one I didn't bother with was the micro-print, mostly because I didn't want to pay $60 for what's essentially an unfinished version of the Larrys/Jetpack variants (despite it being the rarest/most likely to be of high value later on).

Just a couple questions for the pro collectors on here:

Is it worth getting the box-set/slip case of the 6 main covers? I had initially intended to, since it was the same price as getting all the covers individually. However, my local comic shop apparently didn't order any despite me using their "file pull" service to request one. I, instead, went another shop that had the covers in stock and bought them individually (including the one I read).

Are first prints or second prints of the 6 regular covers likely to be more valuable over time?

To make my ~2 hour round trip to a Hastings worthwhile, I bought a couple extra copies of their store exclusive. Should I?

A) Sell them on eBay now (I've noticed they're selling for an average of $25 a pop)

B) Wait and see if they go up in value

For what it is worth if I had any I would get rid sooner rather than later. If you intend to flip things on a regular basis then making a small gain over time will net you a more regular bankroll that you can play with using a small amount of titles. I have no idea if the Hastings variant is selling for cover in the store??? (because I am in the UK). If you bought low then a profit is a profit.

They may go up over time but personally I think the chances are low. There will be a lot of people doing the exact same thing as you right now which will dilute the price eventually, plus it's a retailer's market considering the print run and sheer amount of variants.

The odd flip is a hobby for me so making $50 or more in a week with little effort is a good thing.