• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

438 posts in this topic

Just to share my little slice of :cloud9: even though I might have to part with it for what this stuff is going for.

You definatly got the best page, which I feel is more valuable than the first page of the comic. However, I really don't like it as a comic cover for some reason, maybe it's because of the blank panel.

If I were you, I would hold onto it. I am new to the comic book industry, but from what I can see in modern comics like "The Walking Dead"; when this book hits over 100 issues and as the fandom continues to grow, this will be worth a fortune.

While this obviouly has to be speculation as 100 issues from now is a long time, you heard it here first:

This comic is going past 100 issues no question about it.

Is this a good deal? I usually dont trust when companies list the MSPR value.

its on dynamic forces,the 3 my little pony #1 DF variants signed and remakred for 50.00

I didn't buy it because you can't get them slabbed and don't know the condition.

Is this a good deal? I usually dont trust when companies list the MSPR value.

its on dynamic forces,the 3 my little pony #1 DF variants signed and remakred for 50.00

I didn't buy it because you can't get them slabbed and don't know the condition.

It's much more fun to go get the sigatures yourself, I'd image. At least that is what its like for me when I get my video game stuff signed at PAX. They can sell those signed copies for 5 bucks and I still wouldn't buy it because of this, I will always put more value on getting the signature in person.

I bought the Andy Price covers (and some other MLP pages) so I could frame them for my daughters' room, so have thought about this OA aspect of My Little Pony probably too much. Actually, I am 100% positive I have thought about My Little Pony way too much.

Anyway, in an interview with Katie Cook and Andy Price, they discussed that IDW likes to work in four-issue arcs, so I don't know that there is going to be a MLP:FIM #5, let alone a MLP:FIM #105. So far the solicits are up to Issue #4 on this four-issue story arc, and then in Feb 2013 another four-issue arc for each of the "Mane Six" characters begins (Twilight Sparkle already announced). That puts you at 28 books total, but not sequential like WD. Or maybe they do go sequential alongside the chartacter arcs...the sales surely justify it, but that is IDW's path to lay out. Anybody have insight on this?

The value in the pages is probably in the "first comic book appearance" aspect rather than "first issue of the huge massive consecutive run", but it might play out that way. Plus all these characters are already on TV, so I don't know how much you discount the "first appearance" aspect for that...are there any examples of "first appearance on TV" followed by a long run in a comic? Harley Quinn is the best I can think of. Regardless, the splash page is definitely the best since it has so many new characters.

I still might try to pick up another page if Andy offers it on ebay, as I love the art as a kids display piece...plus my kids got a little shaken up when I offered to hang some Bernie Wrightson on their wall. Happy to buy some MLP:FIM pieces now (albiet expensively), but I don't have the foggiest if there is going to a tiny or huge market for MLP OA in the future. It certainly is frame-able and incredibly drawn, but it loses some pop in B&W when you take away the overriding pinky-ness of the printed page.

If I'm not mistaken, the "mane six" books are just single issues using various writers and artists, not full arcs. They'll be released alongside the next two arcs in the main series. I don't have any insight into whether the issue numbers for the main series will reset, though. I'm not sure even Cook or Price know at this point.

If I'm not mistaken, the "mane six" books are just single issues using various writers and artists, not full arcs. They'll be released alongside the next two arcs in the main series. I don't have any insight into whether the issue numbers for the main series will reset, though. I'm not sure even Cook or Price know at this point.

I heard that they are single issues as well. I also heard that nearly all IDW comics reset their numbering after each story arc (however long that is). Still 100 issues (not include mini series) would be 25 arcs, if they continue to run them 4 issues per arc.

You make some good points Sideshow Bob, but as a MLP:FiM fan I have to believe that Hasbro will see money and continue like they have with their other MLP product lines.

Yep, I stand corrected. Had my head deep in a wine glass 45 minutes into that radio interview and must have missed that distinction. Saw the press release, and its 6 single issues, one with each main character.

We'll see if they stay sequential...IDW's GI Joe is up to #187, but their awesome series Locke & Key gets put into a arc/volume of six or seven issues, and resets. No difference really when you get down to it.

I'll put a picture up when I get some of my MLP OA buys back from the framers. It looks awesome on the wall!

Yep, I stand corrected. Had my head deep in a wine glass 45 minutes into that radio interview and must have missed that distinction. Saw the press release, and its 6 single issues, one with each main character.

We'll see if they stay sequential...IDW's GI Joe is up to #187, but their awesome series Locke & Key gets put into a arc/volume of six or seven issues, and resets. No difference really when you get down to it.

I'll put a picture up when I get some of my MLP OA buys back from the framers. It looks awesome on the wall!

Nice, you got some OA too huh. I tried to bid on one of the OA pages by Price and the My Little Pony Detroit Comic Book Stores Variant with OA on the back by Cook. But, I got out bid badly on both. I wanted them, but I just do not have the funds as a poor college student. Ah well, maybe one day.