• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

438 posts in this topic

wth? why does this post have so many replies? can't believe my little pony would be so popular on this site.

Print run is over 100k....

cool. i mean, i remember it from my youth somewhat. not surprised it has an audience, just surprised that it has so many replies here. just seems like a book for young girls/women who grew up with MLP

wth? why does this post have so many replies? can't believe my little pony would be so popular on this site.

cool. i mean, i remember it from my youth somewhat. not surprised it has an audience, just surprised that it has so many replies here. just seems like a book for young girls/women who grew up with MLP

Well since the reboot of the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (4th gen), it have become extremely popular. This book has sold 100k plus comics, and has 19 first issue variants. The comic was also well received by reviewers. Fans of the show, and now of the comic as well, call themselves bronies (brony in singular).

As far as cartoons go it's passable for anyone and brilliant for the core audience... has great overall production and Lauren Faust at the helm. Still gender biased and geared towards the young, but then why be so suprised? Quite a few of us have daughters :grin:

Well since the reboot of the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (4th gen), it have become extremely popular. This book has sold 100k plus comics, and has 19 first issue variants. The comic was also well received by reviewers. Fans of the show, and now of the comic as well, call themselves bronies (brony in singular).

ahhhhhh...didnt know they had a new show.

Quite a few of us have daughters :grin:

never thought about this. but of the 4 sites i visit that talk comics, this is the only one that has even mentioned MLP. hey, i love when things from my youth are still popular, so good to hear.

Two copies of the micro print variant sold for $100 on eBay in the last week. I don't know much about comics, but that seems like a lot for a variant that originally sold for $60 and was only released two days ago. What does everyone think?

Not at all. Think supply vs demand. Only 125 vs a 100k print run demanded...and a second print already on order...easily worth more then $100 each in my opinion...I bet you will be seeing $500 9.8s soon.

Two copies of the micro print variant sold for $100 on eBay in the last week. I don't know much about comics, but that seems like a lot for a variant that originally sold for $60 and was only released two days ago. What does everyone think?

Thinking I'm happy that I got one. Waiting for it in the mail!

The only thing I'm going to say is...I need to be more open-minded.

I ripped heaps into people about MLP.

My bad - a hot book is a hot book.

My Brony son is happy as well - he's just seeing a couple of slabs on the wall, and selling his others I got him (19 yr old at Uni with MLP mates - who knew (shrug))

My Little Pony.

Stunned - just stunned.

So for all you Bronies out there - what next - I got him the Dr Who cover (I should be fair and say, I used my midtown account and he's paying me back - I'm not sure if he acknowledges that yet lol) - and the info was spot on - that's pretty much gone from Midtown now.

A My Little Pony Walking Dead Cover.... lol (thumbs u

Thinking I'm happy that I got one. Waiting for it in the mail!

Same here.

Midtown arrived today. First bad shipment I've had from them. It's an expensive reader copy I guess. I did pick up a subscription copy #1 at my LCS off the shelf.

What do you mean bad shipment? As in the books were messed up in some way? I hope my books come in one piece.

Midtown arrived today. First bad shipment I've had from them. It's an expensive reader copy I guess. I did pick up a subscription copy #1 at my LCS off the shelf.

What do you mean bad shipment? As in the books were messed up in some way? I hope my books come in one piece.

Unless you order more than 6 items or so, they ship your comics in a crappy cardboard envelope with no other protection. It's a crapshoot IMO.

Unless you order more than 6 items or so, they ship your comics in a crappy cardboard envelope with no other protection. It's a crapshoot IMO.

Wonderful...

I just love wasting money ಠ_ಠ

Wonderful...

Haha. If it makes you feel any better, my orders shipped like that have arrived in 9.8 condition far more than not.

Wonderful...

Haha. If it makes you feel any better, my orders shipped like that have arrived in 9.8 condition far more than not.

Same here. This was the first bad one.